September 25, 2020
Registration for our WINTER season will begin on Monday, September 28!
- Registration for RETURNING swimmers will be open Sept 28 - Oct 4.
- Registration will open for ALL swimmers on Monday, Oct 5.
- Space is limited so register early. Max
capacity for our Winter season is 92-105 swimmers, depending on how
the ages break down.
- We ADDED a 2-Day (Tu/Th) practice group to increase our overall Age Group capacity.
- We REMOVED the 7:35-8:35pm Age Group option that was offered in the Fall season in order to increase the capacity of our Select group.
- We are continuning our COVID-related safety
practices into our Winter season. See highlights
- Face coverings are required for all swimmers and staff.
- Swimmers are assigned to constent practice groups and lane assignments.
- Swimmers limited to 4 per lane (11yrs and under) or 5 per lane (12yrs and over).
- Swimmers should arrive dressed and ready to swim. On-deck locker rooms will be available for restroom use only.
- Parents are not allowed to enter the Summit Swimming Pool facility.
- Swimmers should be patient and mindful when entering and exiting the facility to avoid traffic bottlenecks and congregating in large groups.
- Swimmers should bring a water bottle and goggles with them to practice and are allowed to bring their own practice equipment if they wish.
- All practice equipment provided will be sanitized before and after each practice group.
- Our plan for swim meets is still evolving. Scott Kruthoff and Emily Tuazon are working closely with the Anchor Club to create a plan for how swim meets could be safely hosted and attended. Our current goal for the Winter season is to host 2 home swim meets. As soon as we have a plan for how that looks, we will share it.
- Registration rates have changed since they were origianlly published on the team website and in 'The Connection'. Season rates are based on total hours of scheduled practice and our rates have been corrected and should now reflect that.
- If you have questions regarding registration, please contact Scott Kruthoff (Dir of Community Ed) at 515-278-0552 or Scott.Kruthoff@johnston.k12.ia.us or Emily Tuazon (Head Coach) at Emily.Tuazon@jdragonmail.us