September 30, 2020
Hi Wahoo swimmers and families!
Dryland training will begin on Monday, October 5th for Maroon, Gold, Junior, and Senior Squads, and continuing for the National Team. Dryland is a crucial component of our swim training, as it will help develop swimmer coordination, flexibility, and muscular strength.
MAROON: Mondays and Wednesdays from 4:30-5:00pm
GOLD: Thursdays from 5:45-6:15pm and Saturdays from 10:45-11:15am
JUNIOR: Mondays from 5:15-6:15pm (1 Hour) and Wednesdays from 3:00-3:30pm
SENIOR: Tuesdays and Thursdays from 4:45-5:15pm
FULL DRYLAND SCHEDULE FOUND HERE and on our website under the “Practices” tab.
All dryland training will take place in the gymnasium and be with our certified and highly qualified YMCA Training Staff. Please remember the following guidelines for dryland practices:
- Swimmers should arrive in comfortable clothing and athletic shoes for dryland. Wear your mask to Dryland. Bring a filled water bottle.
- If your dryland session is BEFORE swim practice, swimmers MUST wear their swimsuit to dryland under their athletic clothing.
- If dryland
is AFTER swim practice, swimmers will:
- Dry off and put on your mask on the pool deck.
- While staying socially distant, swimmers will quickly change out of their wet swimsuit in the locker rooms. This will be done in small groups.
- Leave the locker room and report to the gymnasium for Dryland training.
- Dryland training is a privilege for our swimmers! Approach each practice with a positive attitude and willing to challenge yourselves, try new things, and learn from your dryland coaches. Remember the YMCA core character values of Caring, Respect, Responsibility and Honesty when at dryland. Swimmers who cannot show these to their dryland coaches will not be invited to continue with dryland training.
We are looking forward to this next step in training and “developing personal potential through swimming.”
-Wahoo Coaching Staff