October 9, 2020
It’s during our Sunday practice . . . but this isn’t practice! There will be a real starter, official’s, timers, awards for top time reductions and an opportunity to get together with awesome friends!
- NNA swimmers can enter 1 to 4 events for FREE, there are still about 25% of spots available!
- Meet entries are due by midnight on Monday 10/12/2020 (or when all spots are filled). Complete the fillable form on the NNA website under “Events”, and email it to email@example.com
- Small donations are accepted for awards, meet, pool and cleaning expenses on the NNA website under “team” and “donations” http://northernnevadaaquatics.com Please note “Intrasquad Meet” if you generously make a contribution.
- The meet will be broadcast on Zoom. Spectators are not allowed in the pool facility per City of Reno Covid rules but you can watch your kids swim right on your computer or phone.
- The opportunity to watch your kids swim is to volunteer to be a timer! It’s as easy as pushing a few buttons, and full training is provided. To generously contribute an hour of your time to the team, please email firstname.lastname@example.org – 24 volunteers are needed
- Older kids and volunteers will be requested to help at the end of the meet to take down the timing system, put away tables, and cleaning up the pool deck until about 12:30.
- After the meet and provided we respect mask and social distancing rules, we will have a short award session and potentially a pizza party in the park until about 1:00.
Once the meet entry period closes, parents and kids who have entered will receive more detailed information about the meet, and we will be conducting a zoom meeting to talk through the flow of the meet and the various COVID related safety measures.
Finally, this has been planned as a repeatable meet. The hope is that we might be able to do it every month or two until we return to a more normal competition environment.
Thank you very much for your interest and if you have any questions, please email email@example.com and either Erik or I will respond.