Background-image
NNA Intrasquad meet postponed

Dear NNA families,

Due to strict regulations and the safety of our team, we have made the decision to postpone our intrasquad swim meet.  

We realize that swimmers are looking forward to the meet tomorrow to see improvement in swim times. Parents have been looking forward to watching their kids perform (on Zoom).  But as with just about everything else during this time, the situation has changed and we need to change with it.  

We realize many of you are planning to drive in from out of town, and that this change may cause some logistical problems, but we have to approach all aspects of this meet with an abundance of caution.  Due to the possible spread of covid associated with this meet, it could have repercussions for meets across Nevada and any future meets that any teams in Pacific Swimming host.  Please remember to be safe and if any member in your household has had contact with a positive covid case or any member in your household shows symptoms of the covid virus, to self quarantine away from swim practices.  You should get a covid test and not return to practices until you have been cleared and show a negative test result.  This if for the safety of us all.

The plan is to postpone the meet for two weeks.  It will be exactly as planned, but do it on Sunday, November 1st.  There is a chance that the City of Reno may follow the Governors Directive to increase the size of gatherings to allow parents to watch, but that is not known at the moment.  If possible we will incorporate that into our plans, so there is a chance for a little silver lining by moving the date.  We will still have practice from 10:00 to 12:00 on Sunday for the normal practice groups.  We will plan on leaving our starting blocks set up so that swimmers can do practice races in their workouts at the next few practices.  We can take some unofficial times in some of the events planned for the meet.