October 26, 2020
UPDATED WAHOO TEAM COVID-19 Mask Policy
Dear Wahoo Swimmers and Families,
Beginning TODAY, Monday October 26, 2020, The Wilton Y Wahoos will be adjusting our Mask-Wearing Policy for all practices, meets, and water activities. Masks will continue to be worn when entering the YMCA, walking through the hallways/locker rooms, and onto the pool deck. Instead of removing their masks at their spot on the pool deck and then walking to their space in the pool lane, swimmers will wear their mask to their lane space. All swimmers will receive a plastic Ziploc Bag (or may bring their own from home) to store their mask in while in the water so that masks stay dry. Swimmers will then put on their mask immediately after exiting the water and before returning to their spot on the bleacher.
A Step-By-Step Guide to our new policy can be found below:
- Arrive at the Y in your suit and mask, answer questions/have your temperature taken at the front desk, then walk to your appropriate pool for your scheduled practice.
- Swimmers will receive a plastic Ziploc Bag (or can bring their own from home).
- Swimmers will get ready for their practice and walk to their lane WITH THEIR MASK ON.
- Swimmers will remove their mask and seal it in their Ziploc Bag before entering the pool.
- After completing their practice, swimmers will exit the pool, immediately put on their mask, then gather their belongings and return to their spot on the bleachers.
- Swimmers will dry off and prepare to exit the YMCA. Masks will not be removed during this time.
Ziploc Bags will be available at practices, and this new policy will be explained to all swimmers this week before practices.
As positive cases of COVID-19 continue to fluctuate in our neighboring communities and throughout the United States, we appreciate your commitment and efforts to keeping our team and our YMCA safe.