October 29, 2020
The 2020 Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic has sparked an unprecedented time worldwide. Local, State and National government agencies have shut down normal business operations and group gatherings. In the sport of swimming, this includes the cancellation of swim events worldwide. In Illinois, every team/club has suspended in person team activities and events. Mandated pool closings and state wide stay-at-home orders have put an enormous strain on our swimming community.
The immediate financial impact on our teams is dramatic. Teams/clubs are dealing with an urgent need for support thru this abrupt and unforeseen stoppage. With the uncertainty of when activities will return to or if they will return to “normal” is not yet known. With that being the case, the Illinois Swimming Board of Directors will be offering additional phased opportunities to provide financial support for teams/clubs. It is our hope that these funds will provide some relief to our clubs during this trying time.
Relief Funding Guidelines
Illinois Swimming teams/clubs who are eligible may apply for the relief program by filling out the application form and submitting any additional documents. Relief will be calculated based on the following:
- the refund amount is based on a per athlete registered for the 2020 competition year
- athletes must be registered by April 30, 2020
The refund amounts will be as follows for each phase:
- Year Round Membership- $17.00 per athlete member
- Flex Membership- $10.00 per athlete member
- Outreach Membership- $2.00 per athlete member
- Minimum Funding of $1000 per club in each phase
- October 27 2020 Applications Open
- November 6, 2020 Application Deadline
- November 13, 2020 Payments Sent
Relief Funding Eligibility Requirements
- All Illinois Swimming Clubs who meet the requirements below may apply
- 1 application per phase will be accepted per team/club
- Owners, Board Presidents or authorized designee must submit application
- team/clubs must be in good standing with Illinois Swimming and chartered as a member club for the 2020 competition year
- incomplete applications will not be accepted
- For Phase 4 team/clubs must provide a Return to Practice Plan that has been submitted to your facilities if not already provided in Phase 2 application
- For Phase 4 team/clubs must have completed the Safe Sport Recognition Program no later than December 31, 2021.
- For Phase 4 team/clubs must commit to utilizing relief funds for direct team/club use only
- Failure to complete the Safe Sport Recognition by December 31, 2021 will result in a fine from Illinois Swimming in the amount of $17.00 per Year Round Athlete Member, $10.00 per Flex Member Athlete and $2.00 per Outreach Member Athlete as of April 30, 2020 or if you receive the $1000 minimum you will be fined that amount.
- Each application will be independently reviewed by the Relief Funding Committee
- Once approved, funding will be issued to the applying team/club in the form of a check
Phase 4 Application
- Fill out entire Google Form ( click here)