November 1, 2020
The return to swimming has been going great! As on Monday, we have the whole crew in the water, which is 80 per cent of the club (minus Polar Pups and Swim for Life), including our littlest Dolphins and five new swimmers.
We’re learning as we go. Some changes:
- No need to hand in a screening checklist. Kids should be screened at home before coming to the pool.
- Baskets aren’t needed: the pool has provided these.
- Masks are still required on entering the pool AND in the change rooms after swimming.
- If you need to visit the pool, there’s a visitor sign-in, but contact Coach Carol first as we’re trying to reduce the number of contacts.
Please let Carol know if you have a CPHO-exemption for an essential worker in your family.
Bingo’s at the Tree of Peace are cancelled for the year, so we are looking for good ideas for fundraising.
Already, Lea Leclerc has started working on the Purdy’s chocolates fundraiser. If you'd like to join in, you can sign up directly here.
You can also forward this link directly to your supporters and they can order directly; just make sure that they buy under your swimmer's name.
Orders and payments are due Nov. 25 at 5 p.m. Delivery date is Dec. 14.
Orders are delivered to Yellowknife ONLY. For further questions, reach Lea at [email protected]
All of this could change but here are some key dates for the year.
- No Swimming on Nov. 11, Remembrance Day
- No other cancellations until Dec. 15, Christmas Break
- We’ll aim to hold three weekend competitions in some format over the year. The first will be Dec. 10-12. Future competitions will be March 5-7 and May 28-30, covid depending.
- The season will run until June 23 to make up for the late start.
At present, we have no plans to travel out of territory this year.
Thanks all for your patience and the energy and enthusiasm of your kids!!
Coach Carol and Sara (the comms person)