November 6, 2020
Weekly Update 11-6-20
Parents, please do not forget that if you are dropping off and/or picking up your swimmers from practices, you will need to wear a mask if you get out of your car for the whole time you are out of your car. We need to be very conscious of setting the example for our swimmers so that we can continue to use the High School facility. Because of the pandemic and state guidelines, even though you may be outside, we were granted access to use the school as long as our members followed wearing masks while we are on school property. This also helps us protect all of our athletes, coaches, and families from potential contracting of COVID. If you are one that isn’t comfortable wear a mask outdoors, please remain in your vehicle and pull up to the curb to wait for your swimmer to come out. Let you swimmer know to look for your car and go directly to it. If you have any questions about this policy, please see me at practices or shoot me an email.
While I realize this is going to be an unpopular message in this charged environment, this is strictly my opinion and a request from me for our swim families. The COVID count in Indiana, and the country, is obviously on the rise…quite drastically. I would love for our season to stay in the water and not have to move virtually to dryland again. I know there are many kids that are being contact traced and sent home from schools. Please help us and set the example of wearing a mask when you are out and about in CP and the surrounding towns….even outside around others. Because this spreads through respiratory droplets or small particles, such as those in aerosols, and there is growing evidence to suggest that it can linger in the air for a longer time than originally thought, it is my opinion (Coach John’s) that everyone should wear a mask both inside and outside when in the presence of someone that isn’t in your direct family household. This will only serve to help us reduce the spread and hopefully be able to complete our full season in person. Thanks for listening to my rant!
Upcoming Meetings / Dates:
- Parent Meeting – Wednesday, November 11th @ 7:30 pm – This is meeting to discuss the volunteering for the Tim Hamelin Closed Invitational on November 20-22. Please try to attend if you have any questions or concerns about volunteering at the meet. Jobs, volunteer expectations, and COVID / Social distancing procedures and policies will be discussed. We will hold this via Zoom so everyone can remain safe and socially distant. A link will be sent to all families emails as soon as it is set up.
Upcoming Deadlines / Meet Sign Ups:
- FUTURE MEET SCHEUDLE
- LCB Winter Blast Invitational @ Lake Central HS – Have not yet heard from the host if this meet is still on or not yet.
- VSC Holly Jolly Invitational @ Valparaiso HS / DUNE Rumble In The Region @ Chesterton HS – Both meets have gotten preliminary approval but have not yet been finalized. As soon as I hear, I will let you know.
- The meets on our schedule will be confirmed and announced as soon as we hear from the meet hosts. Due to COVID concerns and the fluid situation of this pandemic, some meets on our schedule may not actually take place.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES!!
- THIS MONTH…..November Birthday’s
- Elite Group
- Aleks Kostic – 11/9 – 16 yrs old
- Andi Murry – 11/28 – 15 yrs old
- Jonah Peterson – 11/14 – 18 yrs old
- Emily Rodriguez – 11/18 – 17 yrs old
- Mac Walden – 11/7 – 17 yrs old
- Platinum Group
- Aidan Gubbins – 11/29 – 14 yrs old
- Liam Gubbins – 11/29 – 14 yrs old
- Gold Group
- Lily Cox – 11/10 – 12 yrs old
- Silver Group
- Naomi Bryant – 11/17 – 11 yrs old
- Gabriel Castillo – 11/6 – 11 yrs old
- Liam Rance – 11/20 – 10 yrs old
- Maddy Vasaitis – 11/10 – 10 yrs old
- Bronze Group
- Gavin Fercik – 11/5 – 8 yrs old
- Eleni Ploutis – 11/23 – 8 yrs old
- Brady Ryan – 11/26 – 8 yrs old
- Kevin Sanchez-Rojas – 11/8 – 7 yrs old
- Elite Group
Top Dogs for the VSC Kick Off To Fall Invitational:
- Congrats to the following swimmers…..
- Nora Mezo – Bronze Girls – 1.04 avg drop
- Mason Casey – Bronze Boys – 6.102 avg drop
- Aubrie Bood – Silver Girls – 3.786 avg drop
- Aiden Richards – Silver Boys – 10.34 avg drop
- Kayliyah Deshields – Gold Girls – 8.677 avg drop
- Joe Bojda – Gold Boys & Top Dog TEAM – 42.35 avg drop
- Hannah Jordan – Platinum Girls – 1.336 avg drop
- William Tarin – Platinum Boys – 1.681 avg drop
- Kalena Ramos – Elite Girls – 1.645 avg drop
- Kristian Kirilov – Elite Goys – 9.338 avg drop
- Team Total = 39.18% Best Times
- Pool is fixed!! I know that the past two days the water has been a little chilly, however, that should be over. The part for the heater has been installed and the water is warming up. We were informed that the water is already up to 78 degrees, the minimum necessary for competition. Hopefully it will be up to 80 by Saturday. See you all back in the water tonight!
- Saturday practices for the GOLD / PLATINUM / ELITE-Non HS start this Saturday, November 7th from 9:30-11:30 am. These practices will factor into the swimmers/groups attendance percentage. Please make sure to attend as much as possible!
- ATHLETE CODE OF CONDUCT – We are still missing a few Code of Conducts! Swimmers and parents need to read, sign, and turn in the Athlete Code Of Conduct to Coach John AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. This is located on the Registration Forms tab on the website here….. Athlete Code of Conduct
- Rescheduled Practices. Because of
meet cancellations, we will have Friday practices on the following
- Friday, November 6th – MSC Steve Burse SYOA Invitational cancelled
- As we are notified of future meet cancellations, we will pass that along.
- Pictures are IN! If you purchased pictures and they have not yet been given to your swimmer at practices, please have them come see Coach John to get them as soon as possible. Shout out and thanks to Legends Photography for doing such a great job as always!! If you need to order more, please contact Ray at Legends.
- REMINDER TO ALL ELITE GROUP PARENTS / SWIMMERS….any swimmer who is turning 18 is required by USA Swimming to complete the Athlete Protection Training course at the following link… https://www.usaswimming.org/resource-center/athlete-protection-training. If any swimmer does not complete the course by the time they turn 18, subsequent meet results will not be submitted to USA Swims database and times from meets will not count.