Safe Sport Training Opportunities for Parents, Coaches, & Member Clubs in 2020
November 17, 2020
If your club is interested in joining the other 25 clubs within Sierra Nevada Swimming as a Safe Sport Recognized Club, you still have an opportunity to begin the process before the end of 2020. USA Swimming Safe Sport staff has been hosting Zoom training for parents, minor athletes and coaches to assist clubs in completing the Training and Education requirement of the Safe Sport Club Recognition program.
Parent Trainings: https://zoom.us/j/93724361466?
pwd= OVF4RFlNZFpaMHhqSEVVRGwzbmpQUT 09
Wednesday, November 18 at 8:00 p.m. EST
Wednesday, December 9 at 8:00 p.m. EST
Athlete Trainings (12-18 years old): https://zoom.us/j/97633664936?
pwd= YnpXZmljME5PcldacW9ZQ0w5YTFIZz 09
Tuesday, November 17 at 8:00 p.m. EST
Thursday, December 10 at 8:00 p.m. EST
Coaches Training: https://zoom.us/j/98698656108?
pwd= NzQ5TGdjWkRDc0Irck9tWHpJL1hkQT 09
Friday, November 20 at 3:00 p.m. EST
Friday, December 11 at 3:00 p.m. EST 2.
Attendance at these Zoom sessions is limited to 500 participants. The training session will be secured five minutes after starting and USA Swimming Safe Sport staff will record attendance and manually update the Club Portal. Can't make the zoom? These trainings are available on demand as well via the USA Swimming LEARN platform.
1. Visit www.usaswimming.org/learn.
2. Enter your last name, first name and date of birth into the search parameters boxes. Click “Search”.
3. Click “Continue” next to your name.
4. Click “Go to Learn”.
5. Select “Courses” at the top.
6. For athletes ages 12-18, click on the Safe Sport for Athletes course and complete the course using the prompts.
7. For athletes over the age of 18, click on SafeSport Training for Adult Athletes.
1. Visit https://learn.usaswimming.org/
2. Click “Register”.
3. Click “Create Account” in the Non-Member Access box.
4. Follow the prompts to register an account.
5. Click “Courses.”
6. In Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport, select “Add to Cart”.
7. Click “Checkout”.
8. Enter the requested billing address information and click “Order”. [Note: the course is free]
9. Click “Dashboard”.
10. Select the Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport course to start.
11. Complete the course using the prompts.
If you have any questions regarding the process please feel welcome to contact one of us.
Safe Sport Co-Chair
Safe Sport Co-Chair