November 19, 2020
Dear ECAC Parents + Swimmers,
WE REALLY NEED YOUR HELP TO MAKE OUR CLUB A BETTER, SAFER, & MORE PROTECTED PLACE FOR OUR MEMBERSHIP TO THRIVE!
USA Swimming has a program called “SAFE SPORT.” USA Swimming is committed to safeguarding all of its members with the welfare of its athlete members as top priority. Safe Sport is USA Swimming’s comprehensive abuse prevention program and provides tools for swim clubs to educate their members and intervene in risky situations.
The East Coast Aquatic Club fully endorses and supports USA Swimming’s Safe Sport and Safety programs, as well as MAAPP, by helping to provide these resources for our club members
OUR GOAL, AS A TEAM, IS TO BECOME A “SAFE SPORT RECOGNIZED” CLUB BY USA SWIMMING!
In order to do this, certain requirements must be met. Some of which include online courses for our swim parents and athletes.
WE NEED ALL OF OUR SWIM PARENTS AND ATHLETES TO TAKE A QUICK COURSE ONLINE WITH USA SWIMMING!
USA Swimming will track the number of people that take the quick online training program and we will be awarded points based on our completion rate. The more parents and swimmers that participate, THE BETTER!
WHAT ARE THE COURSES?
SAFE SPORT FOR PARENTS
Safe Sport's online course for parents provides an introduction to Safe Sport, abuse, and reporting information. More information and access to the course can be found on the website : https://www.usaswimming.org/safe-sport/recognize
The course is called "Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport”
SAFE SPORT FOR ATHLETES
Safe Sport's online training for athletes provides an introduction to Safe Sport, healthy boundaries, and how to speak up about misconduct, abuse, and the behaviors that lead to abuse. Find more information and take the training at
The course is called "SAFE SPORT FOR ATHLETES”
HOW TO COMPLETE THE COURSE
- Go to : https://www.swimecac.com/safe-sport — This will lead you to a page with links to ECAC + USA Swimming Safe Sport information.
- Scroll down to “FREE SAFE SPORT COURSES” and select “Safe Sport Training for Parents” OR “Safe Sport Training for Athletes.”
- Once re-directed to the USA Swimming Website, please scroll down to “Free Training for Parents” or “Free Training for Athletes.”
- USA SWIMMING MEMBERS - Please click on the “www.usaswimming.org/learn” link. Please use your login information and navigate to the Safe Sport Training Area for the courses.
- NON-USA SWIMMING MEMBERS - Please click on the “learn.usaswimming.org" link.
- Please click “Register”
- Please click “Create Account” for Non-Member access to LEARN — located on the right hand side of the page.
- Please fill in all of the required personal information and be sure to select “FLORIDA GOLD COAST SWIMMING” as your LSC and “EAST COAST AQUATIC CLUB" for your club.
- Select “Courses”
- Click the “Parent’s Guide to Misconduct in Sport” or “Safe Sport for Athletes” box and follow the directions until completion.
For members who need help completing the course/ logging in, another in person, socially distanced meeting will be held on Monday December 7, 2020 @3:15 pm. *
Thank you to everyone for your help with this matter! It is extremely important and we hope that everyone will take the time to make ECAC a safer place!
For any questions please contact Coach Alison at : [email protected]
See you at the pool!