January 17, 2021
I wanted to share the following updates on how USA Swimming will be handling the Safe Sport Zoom trainings moving forward.
View the training dates through the first quarter of 2021 here: Training Opportunities Resource.
The zoom access links have changed. Going forward all participants will need to register to attend training.
The USA Swimming Safe Sport Team has enhanced their meeting security measures and will have the following in place:
- Meetings will be locked
- Athlete attendees will only have access to chat with hosts
- Multiple USA Swimming Safe Sport staff will be on all trainings and will monitor participant video share
- Frequent check-ins with attendees
- Screen share and annotation capabilities will be disabled
- Meetings will require registration and athlete training registrations will be cross-checked with USA Swimming member records
- USA Swimming has enabled the At-Risk Meeting Notifier tool from Zoom. This tool searches the public internet for Zoom meeting information and checks the meeting’s security settings. Zoom notifies USA Swimming if a meeting appears to be at high risk for being disrupted. This tools is enabled for all USA Swimming hosted Zoom meetings.
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to reach out.
PNS Safe Sport Chair