March 1, 2021
Hello Marlins Family,
We will have 4 swimmers per lane and spread out 6ft apart at all times. Our main goal is to keep your children safe. Please be sure to pick and and drop off exactly when practice starts and ends.
This Winter session we will have 2 practice options for all
practice groups combined (Marlins, Age Group, Seniors). The
practices will primarily focus on technique and keeping your
children safe (6ft apart). In order to keep swimmers 6ft apart,
they will start and stop from a designated spot in the pool. This
will also be the rest spot in between sets.
The first 30 minutes of each practice will be run like a stroke clinic. We will be focusing on technique in all four strokes. The last 30 minutes of practice will have structured sets to provide opportunity to swim fast while focusing on improved technique. Go Marlins!
*In order to prevent an overflow of people on the pool deck or at the Y, it is imperative to pick up and drop off exactly when practice starts and ends.*
PREPARING TO SWIM:
- Please have your child use the restroom before practice and come in a bathing suit to begin. Swimmers will not be allowed to use the locker rooms.
- All swimmers will get their temperature checked before they enter the Y
- They will put their bags on marked spots on the bleachers (6ft apart)
- Wash your hands with disinfectant soap and water (for 20 seconds or longer) or use a hand sanitizer if soap and water are not readily available, before going to the pool.
- Do not share equipment.
- Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
- If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve/arm area.
- Arrive as close as possible to when activity begins.
- Avoid touching gates, fences, benches, etc. if you can.
- Do not attend practice if you, or a member of your household does not feel well.
- While in the pool, swimmers will start and stop from a designated position in their lane (6 ft apart).Lanes and position will be assigned on the first practice.
- No more than 4 people per lane. Follow directions for spacing and stay at least six feet apart from others.
- Do not make physical contact with others, such as shaking hands or giving a high five.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Avoid sharing food, drinks, or towels.
- Maintain appropriate social distancing from other athletes when taking a break.
- Wear your suit to and from practice.
- Leave the facility as soon as reasonably possible after practice.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after leaving the pool.
- Do not use the locker room or changing area.
- Shower at home, wear your suit to and from practice
- No extra-curricular or social activity should take place.
- No congregation after swimming.