February 6, 2021
Email sent 2/6/2021
We have missed you more than I can express in words! I’m so excited to finally be able to send out this communication now that we have officially been given the green light to get our Dolphins back in the water where they belong! Woohoo!!!! This is a long email but is packed with information that we have confirmed at this time. Please read this email in its entirety.
Things will look a bit different but our swimmers will be swimming, see their teammates they have been missing, participate in swim meets, and make fond lifetime memories once again!
Our 2021 March clinic is happening! I’ve attached our March Clinic registration form. The clinic begins March 1 and will run through March 25, Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Please email completed forms to our Registrar Michelle Forbess at [email protected] OR complete the Google Form to register. Click on this link: https://forms.gle/LU1JvoyU8fH6pSju9
All details are on the March Clinic 2021 form. Click the March clinic tab on the home screen.
Please note some important changes for March clinic:
- The location is San Juan High School – BV pool is unavailable at this time due to the BV swim team needing to extend their practice times due to pool capacity restrictions.
- Space is limited. Registrations will be processed in the order received.
- March clinic registration fee is $110 per swimmer. Cash will not be accepted. Checks will be collected on the first day of clinic at the gate. Payment secures your registration. We are expecting a wait list so if we do not have payment on first day of clinic there is a risk you will lose your spot.
- Please email your registration form ASAP to Michelle Forbess. This will save your spot in the clinic. We have limited spots due to our health plan swim lane restrictions of 4 swimmers per lane.
- All swimmers will need to have a signed health waiver for covid precautions on file prior to being allowed in the water. Those waivers will be emailed and at the gate for you to sign when you submit payment on the first day. The waiver is in the final stages of approval at the district office. As soon as it is completed, I will email it out. I wanted to get the March clinic info out ASAP and unfortunately the waiver is not ready yet.
- Parents will not be allowed to gather on the pool deck due to health plan restrictions.
- Masks will be required of all coaches and swimmers until they are in the water.
Information for our Summer 2021 season:
Registration for our summer season IS OPEN on our website! We are not collecting registration fees at this time. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer our Junior Dolphin program because coaches are not allowed in the water to assist swimmers at this time. All swimmers must be 100% water safe and able to swim the length of the pool unassisted. Our summer season will most likely start off at the San Juan High School pool location. We plan to transition to Bella Vista once the high school season ends. Please register on our website to reserve your spot as summer season registration is also limited due to health plan restrictions. Nor Cal Swim League registration is not open at this time. We should have further details including a meet schedule in the next few weeks. I will be updating our website and sending communications as we get more information.
Finally, we will be holding a mandatory parent meeting via zoom on Wednesday, March 10th. Last names A-M will attend from 6pm-7pm and last names N-Z will attend 7pm-8pm. Zoom info will be sent to all Summer 2021 registered families. If you know of any families that will be joining that are new to our team please share this info with them and have them email me at [email protected]
I will send out additional communications as more information is available. On behalf of the board, we are so excited to get back in the water and look forward to seeing you all again very soon!
Melissa Serafini, FOD Board Secretary