February 15, 2021
Y Champs update from SWOYSL Meet Director - 2/15/21
There are three (3) weekends of Champs meets coming up with additional information I'd like to share with you.
- Details for each meet will be determined once entries are submitted.
- Entries are due 10 days before the meet weekend. This is earlier than typical. The earlier deadline provides us the opportunity to assess the number of swimmers entered and react to that information. All Champs meets are run independently and each site will make its own decisions as to how many sessions per day, the start times for each session, and whether spectators will be allowed. Note: Each pool has its own capacity limitations.
- All meets will be livestreamed. Details will be provided by site.
- Once entries are in, each site will firm up plans for meet workers (timers, deck marshals, and registration) and for officials. Interested volunteers should advise the meet directors (listed in the meet packets) for the particular site.
- Championship T-shirts are being designed and will be offered for sale by on-line pre-order.
For general questions and information, email Jon Saxton at [email protected].
Otherwise, keep watching your email and on the league web page for updates. Because of the three (3) sites for the 10 & Under and 11-14 Championships, we're streamlining details on the website in the drop down menu options.
See everyone soon!
~ Jon Saxton