February 18, 2021
Wahoo Swimmers and Families,
We are excited to be resuming our dryland training beginning this upcoming MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22nd! Improving COVID-19 conditions and expanding guidelines have allowed us to move most of our dryland training to IN-PERSON training as well. Maroon, Gold, Junior, Senior, and National Squads will have dryland in-person twice per week. Super Bronze and Super Squad will begin VIRTUAL dryland training next week. We are excited to resume this very important part of our swimmer’s training and ability to develop their personal potential.
Our Dryland schedule can be found on our website (www.wywahoos.org) under the “Practices” tab, or at the link below:
For all in-person dryland training, please remember the following guidelines.
· MASKS must be worn at ALL TIMES during dryland workouts.
· Participants must wear running Shoes/Sneakers (no sandals, flip flops, or Crocs).
· Participants should wear comfortable clothing to move in.
· Please bring a filled water bottle Yoga Mat/Towel (optional, but highly recommended).
· *Swimmers with dryland AFTER their swim workout MUST change out of their wet suite before dryland begins.
Dryland training is an important component of developing coordination, strength, and flexibility to help increase improvements in the water. It is highly encouraged that all swimmers make efforts to attend dryland training to make strides to be the best that they can be!