February 18, 2021
Storm March Racing "Plan of Action"
We have made some adjustments to our plan of action for the end
of the season. We were
presented with an additional meet offering hosted by the MFLY team at the U of MN at the end of
With this new offering, we will have our entire team able to
compete at the same weekend for
an "end-of-season meet," for the first time in the history of the club! This will make the practices easier to
coordinate and keep our team in action, util our school districts begin their spring breaks at the end of March.
The club will offer a two-week training group for 40 swimmers, which will be FOUR days a week for 1.5 hours
a night. It will start on March 29 and run through April 8. This offering will be for JR1 and
up. Age group swimmers will take a two week break.
The whole team will resume practices on April 12. Both of our school districts say that we can
request pool time for spring and summer, beginning in early March. This will return our club to the traditional registration process and allow for schedules to be posted months in advance.
Please reach out if you have questions on the meet schedule that we have planned.
Keep reading below for all the details
Storm Swim Club
Meet Info - More specific Info is available in the usual location under MEETS on the Storm web site
University of Minnesota March 11-14, 2021
Commitment is Preferred by 2/21/21 and due 2/25/21
- Storm is hosting this event
- All athletes are able to attend
- Storm is scheduled the following sessions
o Session 1: 13 and over swimmers 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM, Thursday, March 11, 2021
o Session 4: 13 and under swimmers 11:00 AM – 4:00 PM, Saturday March 13 , 2021
o Session 5: 13 and over swimmers 7:00 AM - 11:30 AM, Sunday March 14, 2021
o Session 6: 12 and under swimmers 11:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Sunday March 14, 2021
Aquajet Invitational Meet @ Eden Prairie for Prelims and
at the U of MN for Finals March 12-13, 2021
Commitment is Due by 2/28/21
- Storm is attending this event and is open to all swimmers who have the time standards. All
swimmers who are attending the Fargo meet are encouraged to attend both events and all are
welcome to do so. *Storm will only be attending TWO of the sessions.
Storm Intrasquad Meet March 21, 2021
Commitment is due by 3/12/21
- Relay only meet, this is open for our entire team and we will have FOUR races. We will attempt to get
all swimmers on at least THREE of them. Short and sweet, looking for some team building!
Speedo Sectional Meet, Fargo, ND, March 25-28,
Commitment is due by 3/14 (Late qualifiers by 3/21)
- For qualified individuals only, see website for qualifying details
- Time Trial Race in Meters on March 25, need to pre-register on the website for time trials by 2/28/21
- Prelims-Finals meet - 25 yard format
MFLY Invitational, University of MN March 27-28,
Commitment is due by 3/5/21
- For all swimmers, this is an open event for all those who are not eligible for the Fargo meet.