April 5, 2021
Our Club Needs Officials
Do you remember those long weekends spent at a swim meet?
Did you ever wonder what those people seemingly uniformed in white polo shirts and blue shorts were doing, especially when one would raise his/her hand over a lane that your child was swimming?
Becoming a USA Swimming Official is another way you can help out UASC and the sport.
It is easy! It is fun! It is a great use of your time at a swim meet!
- You are trained by current officials
- You are helped with a USA Swimming Test which is completed on-line (open book)
- You apprentice alongside some of the best certified officials in central Ohio before you are earn the privilege to officiate by yourself
- You will be confident in your abilities and your knowledge before you need to make your first “DQ.”
Why should I become an official?
- Officiating fulfills your work requirements for UASC hosted swim meets
- You get to know the coaches and officials from other clubs
- The club will reimburse you for your initial certification (paying your membership in USA Swimming)
- You can drastically lower your family’s entry fees!
Why does the Club need you to become an official?
In order for swimmers’ times to be official, all swimming events must run with a minimum number of USA Swimming Officials with the appropriate qualifications, otherwise the event will not be ‘accredited’ by Ohio Swimming. It is especially important that the Club has sufficient Officials for our own Club-hosted meets.
All Ohio Swimming (OSI) clinics this Spring will be virtual!
For the Central Commission, we will have a (virtual) clinic for new Stroke & Turn (Deck) Officials on May 4th at 6:00 p.m and new Administrative Officials on May 6th at 6:00 p.m.
We will add additional new officials’ clinics as demand warrants.
Please click on this link to learn more about this program.
If you have questions or concerns please feel free to contact Tony Contakis.
THANK YOU...and GO BEARS!