April 6, 2021
As swimmers make the transition into long course swimming season, we wanted to share some helpful recovery tips for the spring and summertime. Parents can continue to be helpful in this process by providing their children with the resources to recover as best they can.
Ways you can recover after swim workouts:
- Foam roll
- Eat protein within 30 mins of the workout
- Make sure you get enough cool down after the main set
- Get a massage
- Use compression clothing
- Get at least 8 hours of sleep
- Eat enough fruit and vegetables
*This is not an exhaustive list*
Making recovery an important part of your routine will continue to improve your training performance and racing for this upcoming championship season.
To read more about proper recovery techniques, please check out these links:
- SwimSwam: 10 Ways To Recover After Swim Practice
- SwimSwam: Recovery Strategies for Athletes
- Swimming World Magazine: Soreness and Recovery Tips That Can Benefit The Body