October 4, 2011
Tie-Dye Instructions & Pick-up
If you were not at the tie-dye party, please pick up your shirts on Wednesday at practice.
Parents, if you have time, please sign-up online to volunteer to help distribute the t-shirts on Wednesday. PLEASE CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP TO VOLUNTEER (CLICK JOB SIGN-UP)!
SwimFit parents, please see your coaches to pick up your shirts on Friday, at the swim meet on Saturday, or on Sunday.
What we did:
1. Pre-wash all fabric being dyed.
2. Soak fabric for about 2-3 minutes in a soda ash or salt water bath.
3. Tie your fabric as desired.
4. Use squirt bottles filled with Green and Blue dye to color!
- Place in a plastic bag to take home.
What you need to do at home:
1. Leave your damp shirt tied, in the baggie, for at least 24 to 72 hours.
2. Wear gloves for this step! While rinsing in COLD running water, remove rubber band ties then continue rinsing until water runs fairly clear.
3. Wash rinsed garment in very HOT water, using Dawn liquid dish soap or equivalent. Repeat if necessary. Rinse twice.
- It never hurts to wash garment separately for the first few wearings. After that, you can wash them with anything.
THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE VOLUNTEERS WHO HELPED WITH THIS EVENT!