Team Communication, November 17, 2011
November 17, 2011
Buenaventura Swim Club
Team Communication 11/17/11
- General Membership Meeting. Our Annual General Membership Meeting is tonight. Please meet at Juanamaria Elementary School on 100 S. Crocker Ave Ventura CA 93004. Beginning at 6:30pm, we will have a presentation of the annual budget and will elect our new board members for the 2011-2012 Season. Hope to see as many members present as possible to ensure we meet quorum which requires 50% of the eligible voting membership.
- Innisbrook Orders. The Innisbrook orders have arrived. All orders will be passed out today at the loading zone at Ventura Aquatic Center between 5:30-6:30pm. Please look for Stacy Lough Laurence and remember, no double - wide parking in the round a bout. Use the main parking lot, and walk over to get your order. We have received a lot of complaints about traffic congestion in the passenger loading area lately and the city staff will be monitoring the area and will consider issuing tickets to those who are stopping illegally. Simple rule of thumb, no unattended cars and no double – wide stopping.
- Armstrong Trophy Winners. Congratulations to the following swimmers who earned the Armstrong Trophy, for their respective group, based on results at our very own David Graham Swim Meet. Gold Group – Caitlin Espitia, Silver Group – Joshua Barretto, Bronze Group – Lorenzo Kearns. These fast swimmers have their trophy at home until it is time to bring them back for the next round of fast swimmers. The next meet for consideration is the Gobbler Classic this weekend in San Louis Obispo. Also, if you missed it, check out todays Ventura County Star for an article about the David Graham Swim Meet.
- Like Us and Follow Us on Facebook. Buenaventura Swim Club and Ventura County Masters has a Facebook page where we will post team communication and information about events, swim meets, athlete performance and various other fun or important team activities. “Like” the page, visit the page frequently, and help make it a successful arena in which swimmers and families can communicate and follow the team at a more personal level.
- Swim Meet Schedule. The remainder of the swim meet schedule might seem confusing because there are over 4 meets total posted on the website. As a general rule of thumb, if you have Sectionals, your next meet is Sectionals. If you have Winter Age Group Champs (WAG’s), your next meet is WAG’s. If you don’t have either, your next meet is Conejo Simi Annual Holiday Meet, and the entries are due this Tuesday at 5:00pm! It is imperative that you discuss with your coach which meet is appropriate for you and planning ahead is also necessary because the entry deadlines are strict deadlines. Enter your swim meet today!