September 7, 2008
GREAT meeting today, and a great start to the Fall season. A recap of some of the key things we discussed:
1. We introduced our new coach — Emily Stevenson. Welcome, Emily!
2. Rebecca is coordinating the order with Boathouse Sports for team warm-up jackets and pants. I’ve modified the website (so Heidi and Kristina, you’ll need to resubmit your orders). Deadline for ordering is September 27. On our website, you’ll see an item under “NEWS” telling you how to place the order.
3. Deena is investigating options for Team T-shirts.
4. We will target 2 meets this year and try to get our entire team to participate: Salisbury and Annapolis. Check the website next week — the schedule for these meets should be confirmed by then. You’ll also see buttons “Attend This Event” next to those 2 meets, so please check your calendars and indicate whether you’ll be swimming.
5. Kristina and Sherye are our “social chairmen”.
6. TCY Masters will provide a gift of $1,000 to the Talbot YMCA to help fund the new electronic timing and scoreboard systems. We discussed how important the YMCA is to our team and thankful for everything they’ve done. In addition, Lynda provided a financial review and indicated that about 20 swimmers have signed up for the Fall session.
7. We generally discussed our new website and its functionality. We discussed the importance of ordering suits and equipment from the Team Store on our website — TeamUnify expects us to order these products from the website in exchange for the tremendous value we are getting from their Team Management platform.
8. We discussed the results of our recent team survey, the findings, some write-in comments, and generally discussed ways to improve the team.