April 30, 2012
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
10 & Under Championships Meet Recap
Great Job VJO swimmers! On Saturday April 28th three VJO 10 & Under swimmers qualified and attended the 10 & Under Championships in Sunnyvale, CA. Jeromy Chang (8) swam the 25 free, 50 free, 25 back, and 50 back. Jeromy swam a best time in his 50 free with a time of 38.10 and did a best time in his 25 back with a time of 20.66. Mikaela Gomez (8) swam the 25 free, 25 back, 25 fly, and 50 fly. Mikaela swam a best time in her 25 free with a 16.44, and had a best time in her 25 fly with a time of 19.36. Braden Yee (10) swam the 50 free, 200 free, 50 breast, and 200 IM. Braden took off 7 seconds in his 200 free with a final time of 2:49.72 and also had a best time in his 50 free with a time of 34.34. The final results are posted on both the swim connection and pacific swimming web site. The meet was videotaped by All Sport Video, so check out our VJO swimmers racing at www.allsportvid.com.
General Membership Meeting Recap
Last Wednesday April 25th at 5:30pm was our semi-annual General Membership Meeting. Thank you to the 22 parents that attended. We hope to have a better turn out next time, because we love your feedback, ideas, and support. The following items were discussed at the meeting:
- Financial Report from Treasurer
- Ways to solve our financial problem
- Have 30 more swimmers join the team
- Reach goal of $25,000 with 2012 Swim-a-thon
- Reach goal of $2,000 for Sept Swim Clinic
- Flip –flop- Fundraiser (Summer 2012)
- Reduce bad debt (late dues)
- Ways to solve our financial problem
- Swim –a – thon
- Use of new online system to make and track all your donations.
- Prizes – This year prize items will be parent donated items.
- May 31st – Kick Off
- July 10th – Swim-a-thon
- Aug 23rd – Prize Party
- Meet Set-up (for VJO meet)
- We need EVERYONES help!
- Sign up at the pool or online at https://www.teamunify.com/Login.jsp?team=vjo&id=50a196485
- New Board Position
- Please contact Jennifer Thiem at [email protected]if
you are interested in helping with one of our new board position.
Attendance at board meetings is not required for these new
- Event/Social Coordinator – helps coordinate monthly team social events
- Fundraising Coordinator – helps coordinate team fundraisers such as swim-a-thon and Flip-Flop-Fundraiser.
- Please contact Jennifer Thiem at [email protected]if you are interested in helping with one of our new board position. Attendance at board meetings is not required for these new positions.
- Dates of Upcoming year
- 2012 Summer Schedule (meets & events) will be email out in the next 2 weeks. A paper copy will also be placed in each family’s file folder.
- Team Suits
- Talked about this year’s options for team suits. More info will be sent out in 2 weeks.
*Reminder -Practice Time Change for Tuffy’s Group*
Tuffy’s Group now practices at two times on Fridays(5:30-6:30 & 6:30-7:30pm). This practice change will continue through to the end of the summer. Please see our team web site for a full list of group practice times
- VJO Meet (5/4-5/6)
We need more parent volunteers! Parents we need your help, we cannot put on this meet without you. We need help in all meet areas. Please sign up at the pool or online at https://www.teamunify.com/Login.jsp?team=vjo&id=50a196485. There will be no practice Monday May 7th, the day after the meet. Meet entries have been closed.
Parent Volunteers needed in the following areas:
Adobo Chef (2)
Food Preparation (1)
Head Timer (2)
Potato Baker (2)
Program Sales (1)
Set-up for Canopies /Covers on 4/30, 5/1, 5/2, 5/3 (6)
Snack Bar (3)
- QUIK Meet Sun 5/13–*Not a team meet*. This means there will be no VJO coaches attending this meet as it is Mother’s Day.
- QUIK Meet (Sat 6/2)
The QUIK meet on Saturday June 2nd in Rohnert Park has opened online for entries. This meet is recommended to all swimmers except the Senior group. This will be the fourth and final meet in their progressive series. The meet swim be swam in one session and all four strokes plus the 100 IM will be offered at this meet. The deadline to enter is Wed May 23rd. Enter online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/QUIK20120602
- Napa Valley Swim Meet (6/16-6/17)
The Napa Valley Meet on June 16-17 is open for entries online. This will be our June long course C/B/A team meet. Swimmers in all groups are encouraged to enter.The deadline to enter online is June 6th. Enter online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/napa20120616 .
Save the Date
- May 4-6 - VJO Long Course C/B/A Meet
- May 7th - No Practice
- June 16-17 – Napa Valley Long Course C/B/A Meet
- June 22-24 - Ukiah Meet
- *June 30th - Annual Pool Party & Alumni Reunion* (revised – previous date incorrect)
- July 4th - 4th of July Parade
- July 6-8 - Westside Aquatics C/B/A Meet
- July 10 - Swim- a - thon
- July 20-22 - Junior Olympic Championships
- Aug 3-5 - REAL Championships
- Aug 1-5 - Far Western Championships
- Aug 6-19 - Team Break
- Aug 23 - Prize Party for swim-a-thon
*The correct date for the Annual Pool Party is Saturday June 30th. The date that was sent out previously was incorrect*