July 18, 2012
Southeastern Swimming’s Nominating Committee is recruiting candidates in order to develop the slate of candidates for the annual election to the SES Board of Directors. The following positions are available for election in October 2012:
- Administrative Vice Chair
- Age Group Chair
- Board of Review
Central Representative, At-Large Representative, & 2 Alternates
The nominating committee’s recommendations if you are interested in serving.
- Please review job descriptions and requirements located in the Bylaws. They are on the SES Website at the following link http://www.teamunify.com/szsslsc/UserFiles/File/2010%20SES%20Bylaws%20%28Draft%20Version%20091910%29%5B1%5D.pdf
- If you have an interest in a board position we also recommend that you talk with a person who has held the position you are seeking. You can find this information by clicking the following link to the SES website. http://www.teamunify.com/SubTabGeneric.jsp?team=szsslsc&_stabid_=25066
- Additionally, please read the information on this link that speaks in general terms about serving on the board of Directors. http://www.suite101.com/content/job-descriptions-for-nonprofit-board-members-a126642
- The Nominating Committee also encourages you
to answer the following questions along with your name when
submitting your intent to run for a board of director’s
- What is the board position for which you are interested?
- Why are you interested in a board position?
- What special skills do you possess that apply to the position?
Nominating Committee Timeline
Wednesday, August 15 Nominations due to the Nominating Committee
Wednesday, September 5 Slate of Candidates will be posted on the SES Website.
Sunday, October 7 Voting takes place at the SES Meetings in Gulf Shores, AL
Please submit your written intentions (with the above questions answered) via email to the Nominating Committee Chairperson, Phil Kraus by Wednesday, August 15th, 2012
The Nominating Committee
Robbie Dellinger, Clark Hammond, Kelly Berger (CTA), John Morse (NAC), Matt Webber (HAS) & Phil Kraus (GPAC) email@example.com
P.S. Here is a short message from Matt Webber, Southeastern Swimming General Chair
Swimming in the United States is built upon the backs of many tireless volunteers. The best and brightest in our sport serve as volunteers at the local, regional, national, and international levels. Their work is the engine behind the local swim meet all the way to the Olympic Team! We ask that you consider becoming part of the great volunteer group that USA Swimming enjoys by volunteering to serve at the LSC level. Southeastern Swimming is a great vehicle in which to affect the sport that all of us care so much about. Please look over the list of open board positions, and decide if one of these is an area where you think you could serve. Thank you in advance for helping make our sport better and your service to all of the fine athletes in our LSC! Thank you, Matt Webber