November 19, 2012
Dear VJO Swimmers and Parents,
VJO / SASO Dual Meet Recap
Even though the weather was a little wet in the morning, the meet ran smooth, and the swimmers did great. Thank you everyone that attended our dual meet with SASO (Solano Aquatic Sea Otters) last Saturday November 17th. We ended up having over 60 VJO swimmers attend the dual meet and over 100 swimmers total. We even had over 31 VJO swimmers complete the IMX Challenge. These 31 swimmers completed all 5 events offered (fly, back, breast, free and IM). Great Job Swimmer! Results have been emailed out and a copy can be found hanging on the bulletin board. The results will also be available on swim connection in the next couple weeks.
Stroke & Turn Clinic Recap
Parents, thank you to those who attended our Stroke and Turn Clinic last Saturday morning. We hope everyone enjoyed learning more about the crazy world of competitive swimming. It will be great to see new stroke and turn faces on the pool deck next spring. Thank you for your time and help!
Practice Schedule Changes
Thurs/Fri Nov 22-23(Happy Thanksgiving)
- No Practice for any groups
Tuffy’s Group Combined Practice on Fridays
- Starting Friday Nov 30th – Tuffy’s Groups will have a combined practice on Fridays from 6:00-7:15pm.
Breast Cancer Awareness Caps
VJO is still selling Breast Cancer Awareness Caps for the month of October. The proceeds will be donated to a Breast Cancer Foundation. The caps are being sold on a first come first serve basis. We still have silicone caps ($15.00) available. If you are interested please fill out the form and place the form and a check made out to VJO in the Henderson file. Breast Cancer cap order forms have been placed in family file folders, extras can be found in the front of the file folder box. Thanks so much for helping this great cause!
Neptune Swimming “Swim Like the Dickens” (Dec 7-9 at SRJC)
This meet is already CLOSED. The meet has already reached max capacity and is full. For those attending, this meet will be held at the Santa Rosa Junior College indoor pool. For more meet information see the meet sheet at:http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/srn20121207 .
Junior Olympic Championships (14&Under) - Nov 30- Dec2
The Junior Olympic Championships (14 & Under) in Morgan Hill, CA is now open for entries online. This meet is open to a swimmers with JO qualifying times that are 14 years of age or younger.
Enter online at:http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/mako2012113. ONLINE ENTRIES WILL CLOSE 6pm as of Wednesday, November 21st 2012.
Short Course Senior Championships (Sr II Trials/Finals at DVC)
The Short Course Senior Championships Meet Dec 7-9 at DVC is now open online for entries. This meet is open to Senior Group swimmers with qualifying Sr II time standards. Sr II time standards can be found on the meet sheet or online at www.pacswim.org. Enter this meet online at: http://ome.swimconnection.com/pc/wcab20121207 . Entry deadline: 11:59pm on Wednesday, November 28, 2012.
Location: Lehmer’s Pontiac/GMC Aquatics Center at Diablo Valley College, 321 Golf Club Road, Pleasant Hill, CA, 94523.
Time: Competition begins at 4:00 p.m. on Friday. Friday warm-ups are from 3:00 to 3:50 p.m. The Saturday and Sunday sessions begin at 9:00 a.m. each day, with warm ups from 7:30 a.m. to 8:50 a.m. Finals for Saturday and Sunday’s events will begin at 4:00 p.m., with warm-ups from 3:00 to 3:50 p.m.
Entries: The 1000 Free, 1650 Free, 400 IM, and relays will be swum as timed finals. Positive check-in required for all finals. Trials and finals will be swum for all other events. A Championship Final, Consolation Final and Bonus Final will be swum in that order. Swimmers may compete in a maximum of three (3) events per day.
Save the Date:
- Nov 22-23 - No Practice - Happy Thanksgiving!
- Nov 29 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
- Nov 30- Dec 2 - Junior Olympic Championships (14 & under at Morgan Hill Aquatics Complex)
- Dec 7-9 - Short Course Senior Championships (Sr II Trials & Finals @ DVC)
- Dec 7-9 - Neptune Swimming C/B/A Meet
- Dec 20 - Christmas Party (at Wardlaw Elementary School)
- Dec 24-26 - No Practice (Happy Holidays!)
- Dec 31-Jan 1 - No Practice (Happy New Year!)
- Feb 18 - No Practice (Happy Presidents Day!)
- Feb 22-24 - VJO C/B/A Meet (at Cunningham Pool)
- Feb 25 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
- Feb 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
- Mar 9-10 - QUIK C/B/A Meet
- Mar 15-17 - Junior Olympic Championships
- Mar 28 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
- April 4-7 - Far Western Championships
- April 19-21 - VJO C/B/A Meet
- April 22 - No Practice (Day After Home Meet)
- April 25 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)
- May 18-19 - QUIK C/B/A Meet
- May 30 - Shark Pride Day (All Groups 5-6:30pm)