January 16, 2013
The sport of swimming is reliant on parent volunteers to fill out the officiating ranks from the head referee to stroke & turn officials at the end of each lane. Swim meets cannot be sanctioned nor can they run if there are not enough officials to work the meet. Neptune Swimming has been fortunate to have parents that have stepped up and taken on the majority of the work load to ensure that our meets & other local meets are staffed with certified/professional officials. However, at this time, most of these parents have children on the team who are older and they will not be around to continue giving themselves to the sport of swimming. It's time for more people to step up to the plate and take on a greater responsibility to the sport that we love and cherish.
If you are interested in becoming an official, here are some things you should know:
1. Neptune Swimming will credit your dues for working a specified number of sessions at meets.
2. As an official, your 24 hours of volunteer service to the team is fulfilled.
3. Front row parking at swim meets is reserved for officials.
4. Hospitality is for officials.
5. Officials feel like they are giving back to the sport that has given their children so much
For more information please contact Bill Sargis at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks for your support & GO NEPTUNES!!