January 30, 2013
Zone 2 Championships
AAA rocked the Zone Championships with our crew of awesome swimmers! We brought 24 swimmers to the competition and ranked 17th overall, a great accomplishment for our Inaugural Season! On top of our individual performances AAA also fielded 9 relay teams, which capped off the success of the meet!!
A special THANK YOU to all our team parents that pitched in to help with the team job assignments. We were given high praise from the meet director of the professionalism of our parents and team overall!! Way to go AAA!!
Here are a some highlights of the meet:
Blue & Gold Group
- Brianna Smyth clocked two best times in the 25 free & 25 Back, just shy of an A time in the 25 Back
- Maddy Williams dropped 2 seconds in the 25 free!
- Tienna Chen clocked a new best time in the 50 Breast, dropping 3 seconds from her previous best!
- Lucy Dunn earned a new "A time" in the 50 Butterfly dropping a second in the event!
- Dylan Jerrett dropped two seconds in the 50 Back!
- Esther Cuan earned a new best time in the 100 free dropping 2 seconds!
- Annie Fromson-Ho clocked a new best time in the 100 free dropping 2 seconds!
- Phoebe Hyer had the biggest time drop of the meet dropping a whopping 17 seconds in the 100 free & 12 seconds in 50 free. Both swims gave her a new A time. Congrats Phoebe!
- Anastasia Klimko debuted her swimming skills for the first time representing AAA. She clocked a best time in the 50 free dropping 12 seconds from her previous best and earning a new A time!
- Maxime Hendrikse-Liu had a fantastic meet. He improved his times in 4 events. His biggest time drop came in the 100 fly where he dropped almost 4 seconds. He also earned a new A time in the 100 free!
- Deniz Jones just joined AAA this month was fighting a cold but still managed to drop time in 5 events! His biggest time drop came in the 200 free where he dropped 4 seconds!
- Adrian Murillo had a great meet! He improved his times in the 100 Breast & 200 IM!
- Michael Wang clocked a best time in the 50 freestyle! He dropped 2 seconds in the race to earn a new A time!
- Laura Spielman competed in 7 events! She earned a new best time in the 50 free!
- Anja Hendrikse-Liu also swam the full slate of events. She swam a new personal best in the 100 breaststroke!
- Juliane Corpus joined the best time crew dropping 3 seconds in the 200 IM!
- Lianne McKinney swam in her first meet for AAA earning a new best time in the 100 Breast and 200 IM!
- Jacob Crowley led the charge for the Senior group clocking 4 new best times. His biggest time drop came in his favorite event, 100 Breaststroke where he dropped 2 seconds!
- Spencer Tang clocked two new best times in the 50 & 200 free!
- Belgutei Enkhbileg swam the full slate of events improving his time in 5 out of the 7 events. His biggest time drop came in the 200 free where he dropped almost 3 seconds.