March 18, 2013
Please CLICK HERE to be redirected to the event page!
Thanks to all those who participated! A fun day on deck with friends and family. More info on the success of our swim-a-thon and prize winners will be posted soon!
USA Swim-A-Thon at the Recreation Center pool on Monday, March 18
- 4:15-6:15 pm- elementary age swimmers
- 6:15-8:15 pm- middle and high school age swimmers
(regardless of practice group)
(makeup will be offered Tuesday, March 19 5:30-7:30 pm)
NO PRACTICES MONDAY AFTERNOON (Tue practices as usual)
- All swimmers are expected to participate. Envelopes will be sent home March 1 (you can pick this up at the team dinner) and you can start collecting pledges from friends, family, businesses, etc. Pledges can be per length or flat donation. Then come and swim as many lengths as you can in two hours! (max 200 lengths).
- If all you have are flat "donations" - we still expect you to swim. That's part of the gig!
- Each swimmer has a goal of $150in total pledges, which is easy to do. If ten people pledge 0.15 cents per length and you swim 100 lengths, you’ve got it!
- Swimmers need a volunteer to count their laps. May sit anywhere with line of sight.
- You could win a KINDLE FIRE HD, $100 SWIM OUTLET GIFT CERTIFICATE, A ONE-YEAR PARKING PASS FOR JCLA HOME MEETS, A SPEEDO TEAM BACKPACK, OR THE CHANCE TO “COACH YOUR COACH!” in addition to other prizes offered by USA Swimming.
- The cafe will be selling pizza by the slice, and their normal fare.
- All pledge money will need to be collected and turned in by Saturday, April 13 (home meet)
- Turn in pledge money to the coaches, or place in the special box at practice (NOT front desk)
- Pledges can not be turned in until after the event (you must swim, of course)
- Checks made payable to "JCPCDD"
***All unused packets must be returned. We will charge accounts $1.00 per swimmer for any unreturned packets.****