June 1, 2013
Hi all we are getting ready for our Tubing Down the James event on June 29th. We ask that you sign up on the website under Team Functions, email myself, or let a coach know. Our trip will be leaving at 1:00 PM. We ask that you arrive at the location at least 1 hour before we leave. Below is some important information about the event and the address. Please feel free to invite and friends and family you may like. We are looking forward to a fun time on the river.
265 Ferry Street Scottsville, VA 24590
We offer the Best & Longest float on the river!
Tubing Shuttles will start at 10am and run until 1pm LAST SHUTTLE IS AT 1:00PM - DON'T BE LATE!
Shuttles leave on the HOUR Monday thru Friday and ever 1/2 HOUR on Saturday & Sunday.
Reservations are a must. Please arrive 30
minutes before your shuttle leaves to allow yourself time to take
care of special items such as sunscreen, drinks, ice, sunglasses
and most of all, shoes that will stay on your feet.
Life jackets are available upon request.
TUBE, SHUTTLE & ROPE
$23.00 per person
25 OR MORE
*we can accommodate coolers from a (6) pack size up through a 48 quart*
Groups of 25 or more must have reservations, have their liability waivers filled out, money collected and check in all at oncein order to receive the discount!
Single Person Reservations will NOT be accepted as it is against our insurance policy to put people solo on the river as it is unsafe.
NO CHILDREN UNDER 6 YEARS OF AGE PLEASE AND NO PETS.
NO TUBE SHUTTLES(ex., we
can't give you a ride if you have your own tubes)
PLEASE ARRIVE 30 MINUTES BEFORE YOUR SCHEDULED DEPARTURE TIME.
Take a peaceful float down our secluded 4-mile stretch of the James. You will find that the 2-4 hour trip will relax you thoroughly. Groups over 25 or more should call ahead for special rates.
What do I wear?
- Bathing suits
- Shorts and t-shirt
- Tennis shoes, sandals or Tevas. NO FLIPFLOPS!
- Sunblock and sunglasses (cheap, leave the Raybans at home)
- Bring an extra set of clothing. You might want to use our indoor shower facilities to clean up after your day on the river.
Things to remember:
- Be on time
- We are not a theme park, so non-swimmers and children under the age requirement should stay at home or with friends.
- Tennis or river shoes required!
- Noglass containers or styrofoam coolers (six-pack size up through a 48qt)
- Nochildren under 6 for tubing
- NO PETS(most pets are not comfortable around water and will feel safer at home.)
- Bring an extra set of clothes to change into after your float. Changing rooms and hot showers are available.
- Leave the alcohol at home! Alcohol and the River don't mix!!
- It's the LAW! Consumption of alcohol in public is strictly prohibited and heavily enforced. Don't risk the possibility of arrest and destroying a perfect day for you and your group!
- Littering in Virginia is illegal so help keep our river green and clean. If you take it on the river, bring it out of the river with you.
If possible, wear your river clothing and have your cooler packed and ready to go. This will allow you more time on the river. You are then asked to board the bus. Everyone is briefed on the float and the river conditions. The travel time to the "put-in" point is about 15 minutes. Our staff will unload your tube and assist in helping you enter the river. Rope is available to tie your cooler tube to your people tube. No styrofoam coolers.
A staff member will be present to assist you and to answer any last minute questions. It's that easy. Kick back and enjoy the float.