July 1, 2013
Happy 4th of July week Stingrays,
Here’s your newsy newsflash for this week.
1. PRACTICE THIS WEEK
· There will still be practice Tuesday as usual
· Wednesday’s practice will be from 9:30 – 12:00 for all those who want to come and make the decorations for the parade. We are assembling Stingray kites and adding streamers
2. 3rd OF JULY PARADE
· Meet at the corner of 2nd & B St at 5pm
· Wear Stingrays t-shirt
· Pick up your child promptly from the corner of First & Military, in front of the Veterans Hall after they have finished walking. Please check in with the coaches first.
· It’s not too late sign march with us. Either sign up and let us know or meet us on the night. We’ll be blowing bubbles, handing out candy and flying Stingray kites!!!
3. RELAY TEAMS FOR ECI
· ECI relay teams are now posted on the ECI page. Swimmers are only entered in relays if they are also swimming an individual event the same day.
4. ECI OTHER INFO
· Volunteer assignments for ECI will be posted next week. Keep an eye out on the News page and the ECI page.
· Meet Sheet for ECI will also be posted later next week. Please remember if you are in the first 4 events you MUST check in with the ECI desk a minimum of 45 minutes before the start of the meet or they will scratch you!!!
· Team location is still to be confirmed.
· Warm Up times are yet to be announced
· We are past the deadline for handing in pledges and rewards forms. If you have not submitted your pledges, please do so ASAP. You can put them in the COTSIFAS family folder at the pool. If you do, please email Kiersten Burke at firstname.lastname@example.org so she knows to keep an eye out.
6. SCOTTSDALE INVITATIONAL
· Just like ECI, our last meet of the year is the SUPER FUN Scottsdale meet on Saturday, August 3rd. See the website for details on the Scottsdale page under Events & Jobs
7. FUN FRIDAYS!!!!!
· ANTIOCH WATER PARK – NO PRACTICE Friday, July 12th. Meet us at James Lemos at 10am or at Antioch Water Park at 11am. Details under Events & Jobs
· SPIRIT FRIDAY – Friday, July 19th. Come early to practice or stay a little later. We’ll be making spirit posters to hang at our first Tri Meet the next morning.
· PADDOCK BOWL – Friday, August 2nd. Meet at James Lemos at 12:30 or Paddock Bowl in Pacheco.
8. AWAY MEET VS PINOLE SEALS, WEDNESDAY, JULY 10th
· Deadline to sign up for the Away meet vs the Pinole Seals is this Thursday, July 4th! This is our first time swimming against the Seals show them what we’ve gotJ
See you at the Parade