August 12, 2013
AAA Parents & Swimmers,
As we wind down our summer workouts please take note of the following. Today, Friday August 9th was our last workout on the schedule before our Summer End Break. Fall workouts begin on September 3rd. There are some changes to the workout schedule to take note of, please see attached Fall workout calendar.
The start of the Fall quarter marks our one-year Armada birthday! Thank you all for being a part of our program and our inaugural season! It’s been a great year, and we look forward on building on our success & improving our program. We will keep moving forward as we continue to build our strong fleet of swimmers and be the best ARMADA possible!
Billing details. Please also note the Fall invoices were generated and emailed on August 1st. You will also receive an invoice in the mail. The Fall invoice will include the Annual Fee renewal ($180 per swimmer) & the Fall Quarterly Dues. Please note the Gold group fees will be raised, $30 per quarter. The raise in fees will allow us to offer an added workout to the Gold group schedule on Wednesday 4:15-5:15pm. If you’re on credit card auto pay you were billed on August 1st for the Fall. All others, please note fees are due no later on than the 5th of September before a $10 late fee is billed. If you do not plan on swimming in the fall, please let us know ASAP. We have a lot of incoming swimmers and need this info to plan our numbers for each group.
The year’s highlights!
· Successfully hosted the first ever AAA Invitational at our home pool, October!
· Hit 100 members in November 2012, two months after the start of our program!
· Sent one swimmer to 14 & under Junior Olympics, way to go Will Cross!
· Hosted the AAA long course distance meet in February!
· Sent 8 swimmers to Spring Junior Olympics, way to go Adrian Murillo, Will Cross, Lianne McKinney, Ally Fromson-Ho, Jacob Crowley, Belgutei Enkbileg, Spencer Tang & Ethan Seder!
· Qualified two swimmers to short course Far Westerns, way to go Ally Fromson-Ho & Spencer Tang!
· Hit 120 members in the Spring!
· Coach Jesus Head Coach of the Pacific Swimming All Star Team!
· Qualified 5 swimmers to North Coast Section High School Championships!
· Successfully hosted our first long course swim meet with 300+ swimmers, on two weeks notice, thank you volunteers for your support!
· Coach Helen elected onto the Pacific Swimming Board of Directors for 2013!
· Added another swimmer to our Junior Olympic team, way to go Deniz Jones!
· Took second place at the North Bay Athletic League Championships!
· Qualified two swimmers to long course Far Westerns, way to go Spencer Tang & Ally Fromson-Ho!
· Sent two swimmers to the North American Challenge Cup All Star Team in Washington, way to go Senior swimmers Ally Fromson-Ho & Spencer Tang!
· Had three swimmers take High point honors at NBAL Swim Meet, way to go Brianna Smyth, Maxime Hendrikse-Liu, and Juliane Corpus!
· Hit 130 members as we head into the Fall Season!
· Graduated four Senior group swimmers, we will miss you! Noa Berzon headed to University of Colorado, Artiom Klimko headed to Harvard, Alex Brown headed to NYU and Josh Wang headed to CAL, Go Bears!
We will always remember this year as our inaugural season, thank you all for being a part of ARMADA history!