September 4, 2013
This morning, Coach Jim and Coach Megan, flew out of Bradley to attend the 2013 American Swim Coaches Associations World Clinic in New Orleans.
WHAT Swimming believes and invests in their coaching staff's continuing education by providing opportunities to listen and speak with coaches at the best clinics and seminars in the country.
Upon their return from the clinic, Jim and Megan will share the information with the remainder of the WHAT Coaching staff.
Here is a list of the some of the guest speakers:
* Coach Graham Hill of South
Africa, coach to 2012 Olympic star and Phelps' upsetter Chad le
Clos, will discuss Chad's preparation for London and other topics
relating to elite swimming.
* Coach Denis Cotterell of Australia, coach to Chinese superstars and gold medalists, has also tentatively accepted an invitation to speak. Denis, one of the most elite distance freestyle coaches in the world, has coached the last two elite, world stars in the 1500 free.
* Wayne Goldsmith, high performance expert from Australia, will also appear in New Orleans to provide several talks, including one on how to practice for optimum performance in major meets.
* In the Age Group track, innovative Dr. Monica Schloder of Canada will return to lecture on age group relevant topics.
* Leading American coaches Mike Bottom, Don Heidary, Matt Kredich, Carol Capitani, Bob Bowman and David Marsh will highlight a program with over 50 presentations by 40 different speakers.