September 26, 2013
Neptune Swimming is a nonprofit organization dedicated to the sport of swimming and aquatic activities. Neptune Swimming provides a program of year round organized swimming for Northern California residents of diverse backgrounds.
Our vision is to inspire and enable our members to achieve their full potential in the sport of swimming, and in other areas of their lives. We are committed to the improvement of our sport & strive to provide the highest standard of education and training available. Neptune Swimming will operate under the auspices of USA Swimming and to serve our athletes, non-athletes, coaches, clubs and affiliated members. USA Swimming is the national governing body for the sport of swimming. For more information on USA Swimming, go to usaswimming.org.
Build the base
We seek to expand our membership in order to share our sport with as many other people as possible. We are especially committed to sharing the values of our sport with young people who may discover that swimming is an activity they can enjoy for their entire lives.
Promote the sport
We want swimming to receive as much publicity as possible because we believe that the more people learn about our sport, the more inclined they will be to join the ranks of our membership. We are proud of our sport and we seek to celebrate it whenever possible.
Achieve competitive success
Neptune Swimming has been ranked #1 in Zone 3 and top 10 in Pacific Swimming for the past 10 years. We seek to continue this tradition of competitive excellence. When our athletes are successful in fulfilling their swimming dreams, our society and club benefits from the inspiration these athletes give us.
- Neptune Swimming will develop stewardship of resources to
enable development of facilities to support the mission of the team
- Neptune Swimming will undertake a Capital Development Program with a goal to raise $12 million to support development of world class swimming facility and endow operations of that facility.
- Neptune Swimming will develop a culture of support engaging former members, local business, philanthropists and other friends of swimming willing to invest in support of our mission
- Neptune Swimming will strengthen the sport of swimming in
- Supporting swimming education and encouraging participation across all age groups, extending our emphasis on school age children to address the needs of the community:
*Learn to swim program for all ages
*Support of Masters swim program
*Support specialized coaching of the Tri-Athlete community
*Support specialized water therapy for elderly community
- The Neptunes will host, organize and promote events that will establish Sonoma County as a center of swimming.
Thanks for your support & GO NEPTUNES!
Dan S. Greaves, head coach