December 12, 2013
Hello Blue Wave families attending this weekend's Jingle Bell meet in Clearwater! Please read this email carefully as it includes important warmup and timeline information!
2013 Jingle Bell Meet
The Doyle Aquatic Center at the Long Center, 1501 N Belcher Rd, Clearwater, FL 33765
- The meet is a 3 day meet, consisting of both prelim and final sessions. Those swimmers ages 8 and under will swim timed finals (just once), swimmers ages 10@under, 9-10, 11-12, 13-14, and 15-16 and that qualify in the top 10 finishers will swim again in evening for finals. Swimmers ages 17-18 will have top 20 swimmers qualifying for evening finals. ALL SWIMMERS QUALIFYING FOR FINALS ARE EXPECTED TO SWIM IN FINALS! Per USA Swimming rules, those swimmers qualifying and not showing up for finals are disqualified from the rest of the meet!
- There are app. 1000 swimmers in this week's meet, which means LOTS of bodies and LONG sessions! As usual, our swimmers will meet and congregate in the gym, and relax in there until it is time for their event. There will be TV's in the gym streaming live feed so that swimmers are aware of what event they are on. As I mentioned, the sessions are VERY long, especially Saturday and Sunday when the last events finish at approximately 3pm. Friday's prelims session should end at approximately 12:45pm. For those qualifying for finals, this doesn't give the swimmers very much turnaround time at all, so please be prepared to arrange lunch at the pool on those days!
- We would like to have swimmers arrive at the
pool at the following times each day (PLEASE
NOTE, this is split up by TRAINING GROUP):
- Silver, Platinum, Cheval Gold, Varsity, Senior, and National: 6:30am
- Cheval Bronze, Cheval Silver, and BSAC Gold: 7:15am
- PLEASE TAKE IN ACCOUNT FOR TRAFFIC, ESPECIALLY ON FRIDAY!
- Warmups for the FINALS sessions:
- Friday and Saturday: arrive at 4:45pm
- Sunday: arrive at 3:45pm
- ALL SWIMMERS PLEASE CHECK IN WITH THEIR GROUP COACH UPON YOUR ARRIVAL EACH SESSION!
- Swimmers should bring the following items to the
- Swim Suit, Cap, and goggles
- Two towels
- Snacks to munch on during the day (healthy snacks, of course!)
- Blue Wave t-shirts to show team pride!
- Blanket and pillow to relax with in the gym
- Books, video games, etc to keep you busy inbetween events (being social and making new Blue Wave friends is encouraged as well!)
- A desire to swim FAST!
- Parents, be prepared to purchase a heat sheet when you arrive in order to know your swimmer's heat and lanes for each event!
Thanks, and we look forward to seeing you all this weekend!
GO BLUE WAVE!