December 15, 2013
Congratulations to all the Makos who swam in the Diplomat Holiday Classic this weekend. Here are the hightlights from today:
- Julia Young placed 3rd in the 11-12 Women 100 Back with a 1:02.78 after Julia set a new team record with a 1:02.37 in the prelims, and Lexi Cuomo placed 8th with a 1:08.17.
- Anthony Grimm placed 12th in the 11-12 Men 100 Back with a 1:04.51, and Peter Makin was 15th with a 1:05.75.
- Logan Coulson Moore placed 2nd in the 15 & Over 200 Back with a 2:02.93, and Rachel Ward placed 23rd with a 2:14.76.
- Matt Jones was 4th in the 15 & Over men 200 Back with a 1:54.76, and Taylor Whitesel was 19th at 1:59.82 and Noah Carpenter was 22nd with a 2:04.09.
- Marcelo Coray was 10th in the 13-14 Men 100 Freestyle with a 51.72.
- Anna Ober was 11th in the 15 & Over Women 100 Free with a 53.26.
- Miles Oakley was 15th in the 15 & Over Men 100 Free with a 49.57.
- Lauren Young was 12th in the 11-12 Women 50 Breaststroke with a 34.18, and Faith Alston was 16th with a 34.73.
- Maggie Deppe-Walker was 5th in the 13-14 Women 100 Breaststroke with a 1:09.94.
- Kyle Cassidy was 9th in the 13-14 Men 100 Breaststroke with a 1:08.44, and Jet Pham-Ton was 16th with a 1:11.41.
- Logan Ross placed 21st in the 15 & Over Women 100 Breaststroke with a 1:09.67.
- Miles Oakley placed 19th in the 15 & Over men 100 Breaststroke with a 1:02.54.
- Lexi Cuomo was 3rd in the 11-12 Women 100 Butterfly with a 1:02.14.
- Ian Vollmer was 8th with a 1:02.92 in the 11-12 Men 100 Butterfly.
- Rachel Anderson WON the 15 & Over Women 200 Butterfly as she lowered her team record with a 2:06.25, and Elise Bourdelais placed 18th with a 2:15.47.
- Matt Jones placed 4th in the 15 & Over Men 200 Butterfly with a 1:58.72.
- Luca Byrnes placed 5th in the 9-10 Boys 50 Breaststroke with a 38.46.
- The 11-12 boys of Anthony Grimm, Ian Vollmer, Alex Aung and Peter Makin set their second team record with a 3:47.11 in the 400 Freestyle Relay. The boys set the 200 Freestyle relay record with a 1:42.45 on Friday.
Congratulations to all the Makos listed above and in the reports from Friday and Saturday, and all the other swimmers who dropped time and set new personal bests. You had some great swims, and we are all VERY proud of you.