February 23, 2014
McC/GPS rocked the 2014 District East Championships! Congratulations to all our swimmers for an amazing weekend of fast swimming with fun teammates.
The coaches are so very proud of how well every swimmer competed this weekend, it was a great way to end the 2013-2014 short course season. Also a big thanks to our parents for all that you do! And it's great looking into the stands and seeing a sea of blue!!
New Southeastern cuts
Congratulations to the following 17 swimmers who made 27 SE cuts over the weekend.
200 FR & 100 BK
200 FR, 100 Fly & 200 BK
100 BR & 200 BR
50 BK, 100 BK & 100 FR
|Jacob McDaniel |
50 BK & 100 BK
100 Fly & 200 IM
Southeasterns are next weekend in Nashville, TN, hosted by Nashville Aquatic Club.
Click Here to view the pysch sheet (however it does not reflect the new cuts made this weekend.)
1st place finishes
• 337 personal best times
• 1,138 seconds dropped
8 & Under
For the 8 & unders, Districts is their Championship Meet, and McC/GPS took home 1st place in both the girls and boys team scores!!
And to top it off, we had three swimmers win individual awards. Mae Mae Powe won high point runner-up for the girls. On the boys side, Ben Bevill won high point-runner up and Ryan Berry won high point. Powe and Bevill each had 2 individual 1st places, while Berry had 5. Joining them was Julia Quernemoen with 2 1st places of her own. In addition, our 8 & unders swept the medley and free relays, winning both!
Great job! Look out swimming world - McC/GPS 8 & unders are coming!!
• Bella Lee & Chloe Frakes (8 & under), Alana Ratchford, Caled Alameddine, & Charlie Henderson (10 & under), Laura Jennings & Ian Frakes (11-12), Luke Massey & Ava Bourn (13-14), Pierce Lively, Anna Ward & William Via (senior) - they had best times in EVERY one of their races!
• Anna Thomson, Emily Thomson & Amelia Hunt for swimming in their 1st meet with McC/GPS.
• Rhett Rodgers (8 & under) for swimming all his 25 Freestyles (individual & relays) with NO breaths!
• Max Ransom (13-14) for swimming the 1,650 for the 1st time and making the SE cut by almost 1 minute, AND he negative split it.
• Zoe Howard (8 & under) dropped 54 seconds in the 100 Free & 27 in the 100 IM - those practices are paying off!
• ALL the swimmers who wore our team suit! Looks so great seeing so much blue behind the blocks.
• Mrs. Payne, Mrs. Wigal, Mr. Powe, Mr. Bevill and Mrs. Richey for officiating during the meet.