May 28, 2014
Here’s this weeks Newsflash with lots more good stuff J
1. TIME TRIALS and PICTURES, SATURDAY, MAY 31ST
- Reminder pictures will be taken prior to Time Trials. The photographer will now be available to take pics starting at 7AM so get there early.
- Team photo at 8am SHARP. Please wear your Stingray suit if you have one.
- Extra photo packets will be available at the pool. Payment must be made on Saturday. Checks made payable to Yary Photography.
2. CHANGE IN MEET TIME TRIAL ORDER
- IM ( Individual Medleys ) will be the last event of the day at time trials this week instead of the first event of the day.
3. MEET SHEET
- Time trials meet sheet will be emailed to families Thursday evening. Future meet sheets will hopefully be emailed to families by 6pm Friday nights. Times may vary depending on when opposing teams get their meet sheets to our coaches.
- If you miss an email, meet sheets will also be added to the website. You can find them on them in the following places:
- on the actual Event page under when you click on the Events & Jobs tab
- a link will be added to the NEWS page
4. HOW TO READ A MEET SHEET
- If you are not familiar with a meet sheet, please take a look at the ‘HOW TO READ A MEET SHEET’ found on the ‘FORMS’ page under the ‘TEAM INFO’ tab. If you still aren’t sure, there will be plenty of families at Time Trials who can help you out. They’re a little overwhelming at first so please ask.
5. TEAM TSHIRT & SUITS
- Team t-shirts will be available for pickup at Time Trials. This is the last day they will be brought to the pool so please make sure you find Jen Lassahn and collect yours.
- Hoping the last group of team suits will be in by this Saturday and ready for pickup at Time Trials.
- There are still 11 jobs open for Time Trials. Please take a look and sign up
- DEADLINE for any job signup is this FRIDAY, MAY 30th. Don’t lose your deposit and run the risk of your child not being able to swim because you haven’t signed up for your 30 units.
- If you have volunteer questions, please contact Carrie Todd at Volunteers@bsrswim.org
7. MEET SIGN IN REMINDER
- A reminder that you must ‘SIGN IN’ your swimmer to any meet you would like them to compete in. There were quite a few families who did not complete sign up prior to the Time Trial deadline. Coaches will NOT be adding swimmers to meets once a deadline has past. Please be diligent.
- DEADLINE for the meet on June 7th vs Aquaknights is this Sunday, June 1st. Don’t miss it!!!
- Please see the ‘MEET SIGN IN’ page on the Events & Jobs tab. The deadline for signing into meets is 6 days prior to the event. If you miss the deadline your swimmer will not be able to compete in that meet. If your status changes after signing up there is an option to ‘edit your commitment’. Please ask if you have questions or are unable to figure it out.
If you have questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org
8. STINGRAY SPIRIT WEAR
We now have our own spirit wear store on our website. So if you’re in the market for additional Stingray t-shirts, sweatshirts or caps for kids, or mom and dad, this is the place to shop. On the left hand side of every page you will see a Team Apparel box.
Shipping is FREE to your door for all orders.
If you purchase 5+ items, you receive $20 off your order.
If you purchase 3-4 items, you receive $10 off your order.
You will choose from 2 logos on the front of your apparel. In addition you can customize the pack of your apparel from the selections available for an extra $4.
Can’t wait for Saturday. See you at the pool J