June 3, 2014
Applications for the 2013-14 SAA recognition program are now available on the USA Swimming website. This membership recognition program is for USA Swimming student-athletes who have completed the 10th – 12th grades in 2013-14 and have swum a qualifying pool time or competed in one of four designated Disability meets or the USA Swimming National Open Water Championships which will be held June 13th and 15th in Castaic Lake, CA. Applicants must have at least a 3.5 GPA for the current academic year and a school transcript for the year is needed before applying for SAA.
To apply for SAA, use this link on the USA Swimming website: http://www.usaswimming.org/DesktopDefault.aspx?TabId=1582&Alias=Rainbow&Lang=en
Applicants must have a USA Swimming Deck Pass account and must log in prior to using the SAA application process. The SAA program application is available June 1, 2014 through August 15, 2014. The qualifying period is July 1, 2013 through August 15, 2014. Time standards are the 2011 Junior National Bonus Times; a qualifying time will be available in a drop down menu for the applicant.
Awards include three certificates, SAA Bag Tags, recognition for a 4.0 GPA and a special three-timer award for qualifying athletes. Last year 1,360 USA Swimming members qualified for the SAA Teams.
2013-2014 Scholastic All American Application
The application for the 2013-2014 year will be available online at the USA Swimming website from June 1, 2014 to August 15, 2014.
· The only method for application will be the online application on the USA Swimming website.
· Applicants will be required to have a USA Swimming account.
· Qualifying times for the applicant will be validated through the Times on the USA Swimming website (time MUST be in SWIMS).
· Applicant will be required to have a transcript for the COMPLETE academic year available for uploading to the application.
· Applicant must have been a member at the time of the swim and a current member when applying for the 2013-14 SAA team.
· GPA Requirement – minimum 3.5 GPA for the current academic year
o Honors, Advanced Placement, and International Baccalaureate courses will earn one extra Grade Point
· Pool Requirements
o Applicants must have swum a time equal to a Junior National 2011 bonus time in any event during the SAA qualifying period (July 1, 2013 – August 15, 2014) with qualifying times in SWIMS – list of times are posted on the USA Swimming website and in the USA-S Rule Book.
o A qualifying time will be available for selection from the SWIMS database during the application process.
· Disability or Open Water Requirements
o Applicants must have swum at one of the named Disability or the
National Open Water Championships.
*2013 IPC World Championships, August 12-18, 2013
*Can Am Championships, Canada, December 13-15, 2013
*Deaf International SC Championships, January 14-18, 2014
*Can Am Championships, Miami, FL, March 27-29, 2014
*Open Water National Championships, Castaic Lake, CA, June 13, 15, 2014
To apply for the SAA team for 2013-14:
· Go to the USA Swimming Home Page or any page on the site.
· In the upper right corner, click on “Sign In”.
o If you do not have an account, click on the link to “create account” and follow the instructions.
· If you have an account, simply type your log in name and your password in the appropriate place.
o Make sure the account you have signed in with is linked to your (the athlete’s) USA Membership account. (If you are unsure of the link, go to My Account, Membership Information, where you can either link with ‘Click Here’ or Unlink to check the linked membership record and relink.)
· Once you are sure you are correctly linked to your swimmer registration, navigate to the SAA Application page and complete the application.
· Your complete high school transcript will need to be uploaded for your application to be complete. All grades for the current year (both semesters 2013-2014) must be on the transcript.
o Note that school transcripts are the only documentation accepted for the Scholastic All America application (PDF or JPG files; Word documents will NOT be accepted). Grade cards and report cards will NOT be accepted. (Only grades for the 2013-2014 school year will be used to determine your GPA but a complete transcript is required).
· Note: Parents: If you are trying to apply for your child, you will have to use his/her log in and password information in order to link to the swim times for your child.
Betty Kooy, firstname.lastname@example.org