June 4, 2014
As we are putting the lid on a great year, I wanted to write one last update email to make sure we are ready for the next season. Before that, I would like to again thank you all for making my first year such a memorable one. I can’t wait for next year to build on the great relationships we started this year. Thanks to all the board for supporting the coaching staff, the parents for supporting all of us and to the swimmers who did all the real heavy lifting. The miles and miles of training in the pool…WELL DONE!
Important info for next August:
1) Important dates:
- August 8 and 11 there will be welcome back swim camps from 8am to 10am for all swimmers new and old. This will take place at the 50 m pool.
- August 14, 15: Training for last year’s swimmers. One-hour sessions. Same times and squads as last year.
- August 18-20 Swim team tryouts for new swimmers and the official start to the new season for returning swimmers.
- August 12-29 Registration is open
2) Equipment needs for next year:
- Swimsuits: Swimsuits must be all black, no color stitching, patterns or logos. You can purchase your own this summer if you would like. If not, we will have th local vendors in place for next year. Please buy a training suit and racing suit. You cannot use one suit all year, it will wear out.
- Training Equipment: All swimmers will need training fins (not scuba fins), 11 and over swimmers will need hand paddles and snorkels as well. This is much easier and cheaper to buy overseas. You can find many different brands on Swimoutlet website. Here is a link to the swim training fins you would need http://www.swimoutlet.com/p/sporti-training-swim-fins-color-23088
3) Tentative Year Calendar
ISP Panther Swim Team
2013/2014 Meet Schedule
Sept 12 Panther Kickoff Gala & Lunch
Sept 27 Tiger Prawn Invitational – Patana
Oct 7-8 Panther Plunge – Intra-squad Meet (Junior and Senior)
Nov 15-16 ISB Panthers Swimfest
Nov 22 IASAS Swim Exchange
Nov RBSC Meet and Singapore Santa Clause meet
Dec Long Distance Time Trials (ISB team only)
Jan 27 Panther Plunge – Intra-squad Meet
Jan 29-30 High School IASAS (ISB)
Feb (last part) Martin’s Cup (Thia Qualifying Meet)
Mar 7-8 ISB Panther Splash
Mar 21 St. Andrews March Madness
Mar 27-28 BISAC Championships
May 5 Colgate Tri-Athlon
May 9-10 Manta’s Swim Meet
May 16 ISB Pentathlon
I hope everyone has an enjoyable summer, make sure you get in the pool as much as possible!
I will not be far from an email if you need to get ahold of me over the summer.
Take care and see you on deck in August,