July 10, 2014
YOUTH SERVICE AWARD
We're calling on young change-makers to apply for a Summer of Service Award. Winners receive a $1,000 award to help make a lasting, positive change in the world.
Who are we looking for? Young people who are creating lasting, positive change through volunteer and community service projects. We're especially interested in ongoing, youth-led projects that highlight the creativity and commitment of young people working to meet the needs of others. If you are a young person already involved in volunteering, we want to hear your story of service!
The goal? To recognize young community change-makers, and help them on their mission to help others.
- Award applicants must be between the ages of 5 and 18, and live in the United States.
- Legally, if you are younger than 13, you must have someone older than 13 prepare and submit the application for you.
- Applications must be received by midnight on July 31, 2014, to be considered.
- All applicants are required to have a sponsoring organization or school. Award checks are sent to the sponsoring organization or school. The sponsoring organization or school will accept the award funds for the applicant and work with them to utilize the funds. YSA cannot send award funds to an individual.
- Applicants must have already implemented a service project in their community. The Summer of Service Awards recognize youth that have already served their community.
- Visit www.YSA.org/beinspired for nomination form.
Sponsored by ABC and WCPO 9 On Your Side.