August 1, 2014
At FINA World Masters Championships
Swimmers aged 25 to 80-plus are competing for medals in solo, duet, team and free combo at the Parc Jean-Drapeau Aquatic Complex.
Joy Dahlgren of Redwood Empire was a double medalist, winning gold in the 80 and over solo free with 103.250 points and silver in the 70-79 duet free with Susan Berg (101.838 points).
Other gold medalists included:
- 30-39 solo free - Kanako Kitao (California Synchro Masters), 175.112 points
- 40-49 solo free - Lucie Svrcinova (MAC Synchro Masters), 147.700
- 60-69 solo free - Nancy Weiman (DC Synchromasters), 127.575
- 70-79 solo free - Holly Kyle (Redwood Empire), 114.7
- 60-69 duet free - Linda Pollock and Jill Starling (Sunset Athletic Club), 118.200
- 70-79 duet free - Penelope De Meules and Elaine Rohr (Unsyncables of La Mirada), 102.112
Also winning medals were:
- 50-59 solo free - Bronze for Karen Rosolowski (Unsyncables of La Mirada), 132.151 points
- 60-69 solo free - Silver for Mika Soya-Kelly (California Synchro Masters) 126.201
- 60-69 duet free - Silver for Margo McGrath and Sharon Mills (Redwood Empire), 117.600
- 70-79 duet free - Bbronze for Jeanne Newmark and Phyllis Newmark (MAC Synchro Masters), 99.7000
Competition continueswith the team free routines.