September 9, 2014
UANA Pan American Open Water Swimming Championships to be held the 24 - 26 of October, 2014.
CIASA faces another important deadline with the host hotel on Friday September the 13th
Please confirm your intentions to attend the 2014 Championships IMMEDIATELY.
Our organizing committee simply needs to know your intention to attend and the number of male and female athletes plus staff to assist with the planning for the hotel. This will not be your registration and no names are required.
Please email this information to: email@example.com
If you do not plan to send a delegation that would be helpful to know as well.
We urge All National Federations to reply with your intentions as soon as possible.
Thank you for your attention and your cooperation.
Dennis Ryther, Chair of UANA Open Water Swimming Committee
Bailey Weathers, Technical Director of Cayman Islands
OFFICIAL UANA SUMMONS
To: All UANA Federations
RE: 2014 UANA Pan American Open Water Championships
Dates: October 24-26, 2014
PLACE: Georgetown, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands.
- Competition Program: Friday, October 24, 2014 5K race for Men (Juniors and Open) at 7:30 AM. 5K race for Women (Juniors and Open) at 7:45AM. Check-in will begin at 6:40 AM.
Saturday, October 25, 2014 Team Pursuit (Juniors and Open) at 7:30 AM. Check-in will begin at 6:40 AM.
Sunday, October 26, 2014 10K race for Men (Juniors and Open) at 7:30 AM. 10K race for Women (Juniors and Open) at 7:45 AM. Check-in will begin at 6:40 AM.
- Team Delegation: Each Federation is allowed two (2) competitors per gender (male/female) per division (juniors/open) per race (5K/10K/). Each Federation will also be allowed two (2) additional exhibition (non-scoring) competitors per gender (male/female) per division (juniors/open) per race (5K/10K/).
- Age: Junior swimmers are swimmers ages 14-18. Age is determined as of Dec. 31st, 2014. The minimum age for an Open swimmer is 14. Age is determined as of Dec. 31st, 2014.
- Registration: Entries will be accepted by email until 5:00 PM 10th October, 2014.
Email entries to: firstname.lastname@example.org . On site team registration will be from 1:00 to 4:00 PM, 23rd October, 2014.
- Clinics: The Open Water committee will assist in hosting an open water coach’s and athlete’s clinic.
- Awards: First, Second and Third place awards will be given for each race. High point awards will be given for Open and Juniors (Men and Women). There will also be Team Awards for first, second and third place teams combined men and women.
- Technical Equipment: Electronic Timing will be used for each event; each athlete will have wrist chips. The finish line will also include video cameras for back up place judging.
- Costs: Entries fees will be $25 USD per athlete for the first race, $10 USD per athlete per race for each additional race. There will also be a $20.00 UANA per athlete fee.
- Competition Format: The competition course will be a 1.6K loop with the start and finish at the same general location. There will be a feeding station for the 10K events.
- Hotel: The Marriott Hotel will be the Championships hotel. The competition course will be beside the Marriott Hotel. TeamHotel must be booked on or before Aug 30th, 2014 to receive the meet rate. The meet rate is limited to official travel party only.
- The Cost per Day: The guaranteed cost for double occupancy lodging plus 3 meals per day will be $200.00 day per person if reserved by August 30th 2014.
Email reservations to: email@example.com .
- Airport:Grand Cayman Islands, Owen Roberts Airport (GCM)
- Rules of conduct: All races will be conducted under current FINA rules and regulations.