September 27, 2014
Big Congratulations to our SPY Swimmers
who earned spots on the NATIONAL YMCA SWIMMING Top 10 List
for the 2013-14 Short Course Season.
- Trevor Keriazes-6th place for Men's 18yr. old 200yd Breaststroke; time> 2:04.09
- Justin Crew- 8th place for Men's 16yr. old 200yd Freestyle; time> 1:42.14
- Matt Pettit- 9th place for Men's 17yr. old 100yd Backstroke; time> 50.92
- Ragen Engel- 7th place for Women's 16yr. old 50 yd Freestyle; time> 23.84
- Ragen Engel- 8th place for Women's 16yr. old 100yd Freestyle; time> 51.83
- Ragen Engel- 10th place for Women's 16yr. old 100yd. Butterfly; time> 56.46
- Addie Engel- 10th place for Women's 11yr. old 50 yd Breaststroke; time> 34.02
Coaches will hand out their certificates this week during practices!
FYI>SELECTION Procedure: Individuals are recognized in their age group the first day of the meet.Individual Events ‐ National YMCA Swimming recognizes single age groups. (e.g.. 11‐11, 12‐12) in the individual events. Certificates will be issued to the top 10 in age groups 11 and above. TOP 10 Certificates are awarded for 50, 100, 200, 500, 1000, 1650 free, 100 and 200 strokes, 200 IM, 400IM in all age groups. They also issue certificates in 50 stroke for 11‐11 and 12– 12.
SPY FUN SWIM FACTS:
2 SPY Swimmers currently hold National YMCA Swimming RECORDS
- Andy Swonger: 13-14 Men's 50 yd Free; time> 21.35 set January 1998
- Andy Swonger: 13-14 Men's 100 yd Free; time> 46.64 set January 1998
- Margo Geer: 15-18 Women's 100 yd Free; time> 48.89 set April 2010
- Margo Geer: 15-18 Women's 200 yd Free; time> 1:46.20 set April 2010