October 12, 2014
With many, many great swims last week at our Palooza time trials, we are ready to head into the biggest week of the season so far. Not only is it our peak training week (butterfly week), it is the week we have two US Olympians come to visit and share their experiences with us. So with a recovery/holiday week coming up next week, let’s all come to practice this week with a ton of energy and leave it all in the pool.
This Wednesday after school we are going to have two special visitors to our team practices. U.S. Olympic Gold Medalists Kim Vandenberg and Aaron Peirsol will join us for a special talk, some instructional time in the pool and autograph signing session. All Panther swimmers are invited regardless of your training days.
Date: Wednesday Oct 15th
Time: 14:00 to 16:30
- 2:00 arrive at school
- 2:15 meet with coaches (our Olympians meet the US Olympians)
- 2:30 in gym talk with whole team (Junior and Senior)
- 3:00 30 min swim instruction on importance of starts and actual starts training.
- 3:30 Swim instruction with Seniors about importance of speed on the walls and underwater: We have really been trying to improve turns and underwater dolphin. Turn demo and instruction. Close out with fun relay (US/Thai Olympic relay 200IM or free against our Mixed Varsity team) Photos and Autograph sessions at the end.
• 4:30PM Departure from ISB
October break: We will have 3 practices during the break for those not going away on holiday. Please sign up by clicking on this link. https://docs.google.com/a/isb.ac.th/forms/d/1T6AfhY64wqTKjv9vPZYk5W4aRL2110mvdKWj0ETbVFE/viewform
Alumni doing well:
This week we are going to take a moment to recognize our Alumni swimmers that are still keeping it going in the big leagues. We are proud of you all, keep up the good work.
Meet signups available:
Jakarta International School Swim Invitational (November 7-9)
ISB Swimfest (November 15/16)
RBSC Invitational Swim Meet (Royal Bangkok Sports Club, November 29,30)
That is all for now, enjoy your holiday and see you on deck!