Newsletter from Coach Steward
October 29, 2009
PALOS VERDES AQUATICS CLUB
Hello PVAC Frogs,
We have had a great start to our winter season so far and I can’t wait to see what the rest of the season has in store for us. I would like to thank all the PVAC parents and swimmers for welcoming me to the program with open arms and I am proud to be a part of the PVAC Coaching Staff. I will periodically be sending out mini newsletters via the PVAC Website so please keep checking the website.
· Please remind all swimmers to dress for the cold weather. Parkas, jackets and sweaters are a must this season.
· Attendance for practice is up 50%. We are seeing good numbers at practice.
· All swimmers need to make at least 3 practices a week to stay fit.
ZAP MEET October 9-11, 2009
· Congratulations to all of our PVAC frogs who stepped up to the challenge of competition @ the ZAP meet on October 9-11, 2009. We had a great first meet. We had some huge time drops and personal best times at the meet.
PV DUAL MEET October 25,2009
· All right, way to go PVAC we had some great time drops this Sunday nice job. Thank you to all the parents who helped out and supported the event this weekend. We have to give a special thank you to COACH Patty without her and her son paul this event would not have been possible.
· We had a great deal of disqualifications the first meet and we are working hard to correct those problems with your swimmers. Like any sport there is a learning curve for new athletes. The only way to bridge the gap of learning is to spend more time at practice. Each athlete learns and develops at their own rate. If you have questions or concerns please feel free to talk to the coaching staff. Private lessons are available upon request.
· November 7-8th Westside Swim Meet @ San Fernando Pool
o Sign up and race for the team.
· November 21-22 2009
o Cerritos free weekend meet
· December 5-6 2009
o Rose bowl swim meet
Mark your calendars and let’s get ready to race.
See you on the pool deck
GO PVAC GO!!!!!!!