December 29, 2009
Click HERE for CLBMS flyer
New England Swimming Course: at Greater Lawrence Tech High School in Andover, Saturday, January 23rd. 9:30 AM start, finish around 3 PM.
What makes a good swim club? Leadership, Shared Team Philosophy, Cohesive Coaching Staff, Board and Parent Support, Organization, Solid Financial Plan, and TEAMWORK! Learn about all of these at an upcoming Club Leadership and Business Management School.
USA Swimming offers this exciting and unique workshop for club coaches and board members to learn how to be effective in leading and governing their team. Coaches and board members work together in learning about new strategies to improve their club.
This course is required for all new clubs. However, it is also highly recommended for all existing programs.
DURING THE COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
- The ten basic responsibilities of a board.
- The three legal responsibilities of nonprofit boards.
- Effective ways to communicate on your team.
- How to more effectively recruit and retain volunteers.
- Characteristics of an effective board-staff partnership.
- How to govern more and manage less.
Peter plans to arrive in the area on January 17th and is willing to meet with individual clubs. Please contact Mike Spring for more information: 978-409-2460