December 21, 2015
CONGRATULATIONS to Bernal's Gator Swim Club for their first place finish at the New England Senior Championships! Shawmut Aquatic Club placed 2nd and Crimson Aquatics placed 3rd. For full results and high point reports, CLICK HERE
SENIORS RECORDS RECAP
Sunday - finals
1. Will Barao (ABF) set a new NE 13-14 record in the 1650. His time of 15:40.46 bettered the previous record of 15:43.11 held by Liam Egan (CRIM) since 2010.
2. Kaitlin Harty (YNS) set 15-18 and Open NE and RES records in the 200 back. Kaitlin swam a time of 1:50.68 breaking the old NE records of 1:52.31 set by Elizabeth Beisel (ABF) in 2008 and her own RES records of 1:51.27 set last week at Juniors!
3. Jerrica Li (MTSC) broke the 15-18 NE 100 free record with a time of 49.63, The okd record was set by Julia Smit (TVSC) back in 2006!
4. River Wright (ABF) broke the 13-14 NE and RES records leading off the ABF 400 Free Relay. River's split of 46.04 surpassed the NE time of 46.96 previous set by Max Miranda (ABF) and his own RES time of 46.56 set in November!
5. To end the meet, the BGSC 400 Free relay of Henry Gaissert, Julian Asuaje-Solon, Nikolai Syssoev and Mohamed Hussein shattered the Open NE and RES records. Their blistering time of 2:57.75 broke the NE mark of 3:03.95 set by another BGSC relay of DeMatteo, Prindle, Gaissert and Syssoev last year and the RES record of 3:00.80 set by Syssoev, DeMatteo, Prindle and Gaissert last week!
Saturday - finals
1. Will Barao (ABF) set a new NE Record in the 13-14 500 Free. His time of 4:31.50 broke Liam Egan (CRIM)'s record of 4:32.55 set in 2010!
2. River broke both the NE and RES records in the 50 free with a 21.35. The old records were 21.41 set by Matt Yish (SOLO) last year!
3. River also set new NE and RES records in the breaststroke. His time of 58.33 broke the records of 58.81 set by Calvin Yang (CRIM) last year.
4. The BGSC boys 800 Free Relay of Julian Asuaje-Solon, Nikolai Syssoev, Mohamed Hussein, and Henry Gaissert broke the previous NE record of 6:42.83 set by the Peddie relay of Fittin, Signorin, Mullins and Hayet and the RES record of 6:40.77 set by the CRIM relay of Oh, Bradley, Beals and Egan with a new time of 6:39.79!
5. Nikolai Syssoev broke the NE 15-18 50 free record. His time of 20.35 surpassed the time of 20.43 set by Chris Cavanaugh (DEANZ) way back in 1981!
Saturday - prelims
1. The BGSC 200 medley relay of Greg DeMatteo, Johnny Prindle, Henry Gaissert and Nikolai Syssoev broke the 15-18 and Open records with a time 1:32.21. The old 15-18 record of 1:32.46 was held by the ABF relayof Green, Marcantonio, Spurrell and Wright while the Open record of 1:32.32 was held by the JG team of Wilson, Swensen, Scott and MacDonald.49
2. River Wright broke his own RES 200 IM record of 1:52.69 and Max miranda's NE record of 1:53.with new marks of 1:52.37.
1. River Wright (ABF) broke his own 100 fly record he set in prelims with a new time of 50.34
2. Ryan Harty (UN) set a new NE and RES records in the Open 200 free. His time of 1:35.56 broke the NE record pf 1:36.04 set by David Larson (FLA) back in 1981 and the RES record of 1:36.79 set by Liam Egan (CRIM) in 2014!
3. Kaitlin Harty (YNS) broke the NE 15-18 and Open records in the 100
back with a time of 52.58. The old record of 52.98 was set by
Elizabeth Beisel (ABF) in 2008!
1. The BGSC open Boys 200 Free Relay of Henry Gaissert, Julian Asuaje-Solon, Mohamed Hussein and Nikolai Syssoev broke the NE and RES records with a time of 1:22.06. The previous NE record was 1:23.32 held by the ABF team of Gudmonson, Wright, Brown and Green (2013) and the previous RES record was 1:22.64 set by another BGSC team of Syssoev, DeMatteo, Prindle and Gaissert last week at Juniors.
2. River Wright (ABF) set new 13-14 NE and RES records in both the 100 fly and 100 back. His time of 50.37 in the fly breaks the records of 50.70 set by Matt Yish (SOLO) last year and his time of 51.28 in the back breaks the records of 52.05 set by Ryan Harty (GMSC) back in 2011!