March 16, 2016
DCST Hires Guy Gniotczynski as Senior Coach
DCST has hired Guy Gniotczynski as its new Senior Coach. Guy’s first day of coaching on deck will be Monday, April 18; however, he will have full authority in setting everything up for the upcoming summer season. A YMCA email account of [email protected] has been set-up. If you need to contact Coach Guy prior to April, 18, please use this email address. DCST will be scheduling some small group meet and greets with Guy in April and May. A list of these dates and times will be made available at a later date.
List below are some highlights of Guy’s Coaching Career.
- In May 2003, Guy earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Biology and a minor in Biochemistry from Carroll College in Waukesha, WI.
- While attending and swimming for Carroll College, Guy was an assistant coach for the West Suburban YMCA in Wauwatosa, WI. During his time there, the Head Coach left, and Guy was promoted to Head Coach. As Head Coach, he grew the swim team form 20 swimmers to 80 swimmers, and he produced the team’s first ever YMCA National Qualifier. In 2006, due to his success at the West Suburban YMCA, he was asked to join the coaching staff at the Schroeder YMCA in Brown Deer, WI while keeping his Head Coaching position at the West Suburban YMCA. He held both positions until 2008.
- In 2008 he took a position as a graduate assistant at Carthage College in Wisconsin. While at Carthage, the men’s team won two back to back conference titles, the women’s team placed in the top ten nationally and had their first NCAA Division III national champion in school history.
- While coaching at Carthage College, Guy received a Master of Arts in Education degree from Carthage College.
- After earning is graduate degree in 2010, he went to work for Williamette University in Salem, OR as an assistant coach serving on deck and leading their recruiting endeavors. He also was the assistant coach at the Bear Cat Swim Club where he assisted the senior program and led the 11-14 year olds to the state, age group sectional and zone championships. He presented at the Oregon Swimming Coaches Clinic, and he helped the Bear Cats to two USA Swimming Bronze Medals for Excellence Awards.
- In 2012, Coach Gniotczynski took the Head Coaching position at the Rapid City Racers Swim Club in Rapid City, South Dakota. This program has 100+ swimmers. During his time in South Dakota, he assisted in the training of a World Champion in the Jr. Elite Triathlon.
- He is an ASCA Level 3 Age Group Coach and an ASCA Level 4 Senior Certified Coach.