May 17, 2016
1. Today is the final day to register for 8 and Under Otter Invitational. Entries forms and additional information can be found online under the Events and Meets Tab. Please turn in your meet entry form and check made payable Benicia Stingrays to one of the coaches TODAY.
2. Team Swim Suits – For those of you who did not pick up your suit and apparel order, I will be on deck handing them out today and Thursday from 4:20pm to 7:00pm. If you cannot make that timeframe, I will have the remaining orders at Time Trials.
4. Stingray Spirit Wear – FINAL DAY TO ORDER is THIS FRIDAY MAY 20th. Email your desired sizes to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make checks payable to Steve Mainini.
Woman's v-neck shirts $20.00, Available in Sizes XXS to 2XL
Men's t-shirts $15.00. Available in sizes Small to 4XL
Hoodie Sweatshirts $35.00. Available in sizes Small to 3XL
3. Team Pictures and Time Trials, May 21, 2016– Doors open at 7:30am. Please do NOT enter through the side gates, all families and swimmers need to enter the pool through the main doors at 7:30am, not before as we cannot have people interfering with set up for pictures and/or time trials.
Mike Westervelt with Yary Sports Photography will begin taking individual/buddy photos at 8:00am and the group shot after.
More than likely, order envelopes will handed out the day of pictures, not before (unless we get them in sooner and will then be handed out on deck during practice). Forms of payment are: exact cash or checks only. This year, our swimmers will wear team t-shirts in the group photo that will be handed out the morning of time trials. Swimmers can wear whatever team suit they have for the individual/bubby photos.
Time Trials will begin after pictures are over, approximately 9:00am. This is an event that requires patience and understanding by all. We hope to get through the pictures as quickly as possible and aim to start time trials on time; however we cannot guarantee start times.
Board Members will be in RED Stingray shirts to help with any questions you might have. Please do not hesitate to find one of us and ask for help.
4. Power Breakfast – This year at time trials we invite the team to come together for an energizing and healthy Power Breakfast. With all of your help, the menu will consist of hard boiled eggs, yogurt, granola, fruit and bagels. If you would like to contribute to the breakfast, please contact Temma Roby at President@bsrswim.org.
5. Torchlight Parade Float Building Committee – Ashlynn Smith, one of our Deck Coaches, is forming a committee to build our first ever Benicia Stingrays Torchlight Parade Float. If you are interested in participating, the first meeting will be Saturday May 21st directly after time trials at the pool. At the meeting, a float design and schedule of future meetings will be determined. All families are encouraged to participate.
6. Volunteer Hours - If you haven't signed up for your 30 units OR a core volunteer position please take a moment to look at what is still available & sign up, deadline is May 21, 2016. If you have any questions or need any help please contact our volunteer coordinator at email@example.com.
7. Update your account with your cell phone number – Most of you still have not updated your accounts with your cell phone number. If you wish to receive text message reminders of important upcoming events and deadlines please take the time to update your account now. Visit our site at www.bsrswim.org and make sure your account is updated. There are two important sections, one is titled “SMS” and the other is “Carrier” please include your cell phone number in the SMS box and your cell phone provider in the Carrier box.
Saturday, May 21, 2016 – Time Trials
Sunday, June 5, 2016 – Otter 8 and under invitational
Saturday, June 4, 2016 – Away Meet vs Aquaknights Swim Team (registration deadline, May 28th)
Sunday, June 5, 2016 – 8 and Under Otter Invitational, Rankin Community Pool
Wednesday, June 15, 2016 – Home Meet vs Gehringer (registration deadline, June 8th)
Saturday, June 18, 2016 – Away Meet vs Hercules Piranhas (registration deadline, June 11th)
Saturday and Sunday, June 25 & 26, 2016 – Away Meet, Battle of the Ages
Wednesday, July 6, 2016 – Home Meet vs Pinole Seals (registration deadline, June 29th)
Saturday and Sunday July 9 & 10, 2016 – Away Meet, ECI
Wednesday, July 13, 2016 – Away Meet vs Pleasant Hill Dolphins (registration deadline, July 6th)
Saturday, July 16, 2016 – Away Meet vs Crockett Swim Team (registration deadline, July 9th)
Saturday, July 23, 2016 – Home Meet vs Martinez Swim Team (registration deadline, July 16th)
Saturday, July 30, 2016 – Home Meet vs American Canyon & Vista Diablo (registration deadline, July 23rd)
Saturday, August 6, 2016 – Away Meet-LEAGUE MEET
Wednesday, June 22, 2016 – Lapapalooza Fundraiser
Wednesday, July 20, 2016 – Family Fun Night
Monday thru Friday, August 1-5, 2016 – Spirit Week
Sunday, August 28, 2016, Awards Ceremony
Thanks for reading!