November 15, 2016
Sound Improvement Project
Barlow Mountain Pool, with it's 30-foot ceilings, cement walls, tile floors, and 25M pool causes excessive sound reverberation (echo) making it hard to hear anything, especially when you have a lot of kids practicing or racing, nevermind adding music to the mix. Our coaches and kids are in this environment every day. We have awesome coaches, but the poor acoustics makes if very difficult for them to communicate effectively with the kids. They always have to increase their voice volume for the swimmers to hear them.
We are working to raise money to install sound absorbing baffles that hang from the ceiling to reduce the amount of echo in the facility and improve the sound quality. The total project has been estimated to cost $31,000 and so far we've got commitments of $18,129! More detailed info here.
We would like to install the panels the Week of April 3, 2017, after the championship season. We need to have our funds raised by the end of January.
HOW CAN YOU HELP?
- Attend our Celebrity Bartender Night at Gallo in Ridgefield on Thursday, December 1, 2016, 6-9pm.
- Participate in our 50/50 Raffle. Tickets will be sold November 28th-30th at practices and at the Gallo event above. Tickets are $10.
- Purchase Stop & Shop and Stew Leonards Grocery Cards! You buy a $100 gift card for Stop & Shop or Stew Leonard's for $100 from Sandra Smith at RAC. You go to the grocery store and use your gift card to buy $100 of groceries. RAC earns $5 from Stop & Shop and $10 from Stew Leonard's. NO COST TO YOU!!If 100 families purchased one Stop & Shop gift card per week for the next 12 weeks we could raise $6,000 for the project without you doing anything but buying your weekly groceries. Please order your gift cards by emailing [email protected] and Sandra will meet you at the pool so you can make your purchase. We accept cash or checks.
- Please make a donation HERE. Click on the lane line at the top of the home page of our website to make a donation. Donations of $100 or more will receive a newly designed RAC car magnet.
- Donations can also be made by check payable to Ridgefield Aquatic Club, P.O. Box 256, Ridgefield, CT 06877 (or leave in the Kieran Smith folder at the pool lobby) OR Online at www.racswimming.org .
Please support our coaches and swimmers in this project. Even if your swimmer is nearing the end of their swimming career at RAC, please support our excellent coaching staff and the future swimmers of our program. They will truly appreciate it. We appreciate any and all donations. Ridgefield Aquatic Club is a 501c3 charitable organization and all donations are tax-deductible as allowed by law (Tax Exempt No. 06-1324602).
NOTE: The fundraising for this capital improvement project is NOT associated with the Swim-a-Thon. The fundraising we do for swim-a-thon is for our annual operating budget for recurring expenses like salaries and pool rent.