May 5, 2017
Loggerhead Sportsmanship for Swimmers and Parents
The Six Pillars of Character
Six ethical values everyone can agree upon:
Trustworthiness; Respect; Responsibility; Fairness; Caring; and Citizenship.
Think ``true blue`` • Be honest • Don’t deceive, cheat, or steal • Be reliable — do what you say you’ll do • Have the courage to do the right thing • Build a good reputation • Be loyal — stand by your family, friends, and country
Treat others with respect; follow the Golden Rule • Be tolerant and accepting of differences • Use good manners, not bad language • Be considerate of the feelings of others • Don’t threaten, hit or hurt anyone • Deal peacefully with anger, insults, and disagreements
Do what you are supposed to do • Plan ahead • Be diligent • Persevere • Do your best • Use self-control • Be self-disciplined • Think before you act • Be accountable for your words, actions, and attitudes • Set a good example for others
Play by the rules • Take turns and share • Be open-minded; listen to others • Don’t take advantage of others • Don’t blame others carelessly • Treat all people fairly
Be kind • Be compassionate and show you care • Express gratitude • Forgive others • Help people in need • Be charitable and altruistic
Do your share to make your team and community better • Cooperate • Get involved in community affairs • Stay informed; vote • Be a good neighbor • Obey laws and rules • Respect authority • Protect the environment • Volunteer
SWIMMER CODE OF CONDUCT
LA’s Code of Conduct ensures every member of the Loggerhead Aquatics represents the team and
themselves in a positive manner. The following Code is in effect throughout the year.
- LA team members exhibit good sportsmanship at all times. LA team members win gracefully, lose graciously and congratulate their opponents in either case.
- LA athletes are respectful of their peers, coaches, officials, parents and facilities at all times.
- LA team members do not illegally consume or purchase alcohol, smoking or chewing tobacco, or use of any other illegal drug or USOC banned substance of any kind. In addition, any team member found or suspected to be in the presence of others (regardless of team affiliation) participating in any of the above illegal activities will be subject to the same punishments and potential expulsion from LA.
- LA team members will never bad mouth or talk trash or similar about any athlete, parent or coach.
- The use of audio or visual recording, including a cell phone camera, is not allowed in changing areas, restrooms or locker rooms at any time.
PARENT CODE OF CONDUCT
LA’s Parent Code of Conduct ensures we create a supportive environment for our swimmers and coaches so every athlete can achieve their full potential.
- LA parents, through their actions and conduct, will exhibit good sportsmanship and encourage their children to do the same at all times. LA parents will serve as positive role models for their children and teammates.
- LA parents will respect and cooperate with coaches, team members, opponents, spectators and officials at all times.
- LA parents respect the integrity of swim officials by assuming decisions are based on honest, objective evaluations of performance. Only coaches may approach meet officials.
- LA parents recognize LA coaches are professionals and allow them to coach without interference. LA parents leave coaching to the coaches and respect all coaching decisions such as practice group assignments, meet entries, training focus, etc.
- LA parents will never bad mouth or talk trash or similar about any athlete, parent or coach.
- LA parents with a concern related to any coach or official within LA, should discuss the concern with the athlete’s coach privately and in a professional manner. If the matter is not resolved, the issue should be brought to the attention of the Head Age Group Coach, the Assistant Head Coach or the Head Coach.
- LA parents will not access locker rooms in use by athletes. In addition, the use of audio or visual recording, including a cell phone camera, is not allowed in changing areas, restrooms or locker rooms at any time.
- LA Parents will not consume alcohol, tobacco products or illegal drugs and will comply with all facility guidelines at events LA attends.